Darker Than Love | 19

Michelle's POV

Crackhead🤪: Michelle, where are you!?

Crackhead🤪: Please answer

Crackhead🤪: Are you home!?

Crackhead🤪: I'm coming don't move!

Crackhead🤪: Dollface answer your goddamn phone!😡

I rolled my eyes, wondering why Mason was being so passive-aggressive. A hello would be just fine you know, Mason!

I clicked off of the chat and navigated my way towards Brandon's number. I clicked onto our chat and sighed deeply before typing up a message.

Me: Hey B we need to talk, how about we go out for ice cream on Saturday? I have something important to tell you.😕

I turned my phone off and slipped it into my pocket before rolling off my bed. I decided that I should probably raid the cupboard for some snacks since I've been here for an hour already and I haven't eaten anything since lunch.

I made my way into the kitchen and stopped dead in my tracks at the sight of my mother. "You know I still don't like that hairstyle right?" She said and disapproval and I shrugged my shoulder nonchalantly, "and I still have no care for your opinion." I said and she frowned deeply before shaking her head in disbelief and strutting out of the kitchen.

I made my way towards the fridge and retrieved a can of coke. Then I got my jar of Nutella out of the cupboard, along with a bag of popcorn and a packet of skittles. When I snack, I mean I'm having a full course meal - of junk.

I ripped open my packet of skittles and leaned against the counter, preparing to pop one into my mouth before a loud bang sent them flying out of my hands. I frowned deeply and cried out when my skittles toppled onto the floor.

You've got to be kidding me.

"Michelle, open the gate!" A muffled voice exclaimed, followed by the same demand, just with more swearing.

Mason.

I stormed out of the house and slammed the door shut behind me before marching down the path that led to the gate.

Mason was standing on the other side with a very annoyed Tristan and I rolled my eyes as I made my way towards the guard's post and unlocked the gate. Where the hell are those idiots anyways! "Mason, what the hell!?"

suddenly he grabbed my cheeks in his hands and smashed his lips down onto mine desperately. I gasped and hesitantly placed my arms around his waist as I willed myself to pull away. But even so, I could feel the desperation in that kiss and I wondered what the hell was going on.

I pulled my head back and peered up at him, flabbergasted. "What the hell was that for!?" I screamed and he ran his hands through his hair frantically, "we need to talk."

I snapped my head towards Tristan who eyed us peculiarly before he motioned towards his house and cleared his throat, "I'm just gonna go back inside." He said, his eyes flickering away from me before he pivoted on his heels and left.

My heart broke a little, knowing that Tristan probably still has feelings for me.

I haven't spoken to him in such a long time and honestly, I'm missing my best friend. "Let's go, Michelle," Mason mumbled as he intertwined our hands and tugged me down the path leading towards the house.