Darker Than Love | 45

Mason's POV

"Two days, she's been gone for two days and I don't know where he took her, I need all the help I can get Gretto. Driving around town only goes a long way, please I'm begging you. When do I ever beg?" I exclaimed frantically as I followed in suit behind him.

He sauntered into the living room where the gang sat, listening in on our conversation. "Mason, last time I did you a favour my boys killed that guy and I apologize for that but we could have been caught," he said.

"Come on dude, Mason has been there for us all the time. And plus we owe it to him for shooting that guy, which might I add wasn't my fault, some jackass's gun went off but that's beside the point, we broke our promise to not kill the guy and we did, we owe him this." Leo said, his eyes flickering towards me.

I nodded my head towards him in gratitude and he flashed me a lop-sided smile. They knew how much Michelle meant to me, and what I would do to make sure she's safe. Sitting here, watching everyone run like headless chickens searching for Michelle wasn't helping.

And now her mother has filed a missing person's report. I need to find her before things get out of hand. . .before they hurt her. "Okay fine, but I swear to god if anyone dies Mason and it isn't you? I'm killing you myself," Gretto said as he slumped down onto the sofa.

Everyone turned to face me, their games faces suddenly on, "now, what's the plan?" He inquired, a mischievous smirk plastered on his face.

"I think I know where she is, but it's just a hunch."

•••

Michelle's POV

"I called Mason a few days ago, the night I took you actually. And guess what? It's been two days and he isn't here, guess where he was? At a party, hanging with his friends and some whores. See I'm the only person who cares about you, not even that bastard Mason. Don't be fooled by actions sweetie, it's what's in the mind."

"Oh, and your mind is stable? You're a narcissistic psychopath. You're delusional, you claim to love me yet you can watch these men and my own father torture me. I don't give a shit if Mason isn't here, his actions can't help me. Yours can, Kaleb just let me go."

He paused, and once again, the second time in the past 48 hours I've spent chained up here I could see the inner turmoil in his eyes. I could tell that part of him wanted to let me go, but the other part was selfish and valued his life more than mine.

No matter how much I reasoned with him, he won't let me go. When Kaleb makes up his mind, it'll take years to get him to change it; thus, never. But it was worth the try, if I guilt-trip him enough maybe he'll release me. "You know I can't do that Michelle."

"Doesn't it hurt seeing me hurt!? I'm bleeding from every part of my body, Kaleb!? And for what? I've been complying to your every demand, to Mandel's every demand and yet still I'm soaked in my own blood! What have I d-done to deserve this?"

"Shut up, Michelle." He growled lowly as he pivoted on his heels, turning away from me. It was getting to him, I won't shut up now. "I know you care about me, Kaleb, show me that you do."

"I said shut up."

"Just untie me, I-I'll leave DC, I'll never speak to Mason again, I won't tell anyone this happened just please let me out of here."

"I SAID SHUT UP!" I watched in horror as he picked up the metal chair sitting in the middle of the room and flung it into the wall. It crashed with a loud bang, causing me to flinch in fear. I slowly peered up and pursed my lips in a thin line at the pure rage on his face.