Darker Than Love | 33

Michelle's POV

"Can you believe we're graduating in two months? I've been waiting for this day ever since I stepped foot into this school and now I'm gonna go to University." Sasha exclaimed excitedly. I chuckled and outstretched my hand towards her plate.

I grabbed a fry off of it and plopped it into my mouth, ignoring the way she glared at me. "What do you wanna do after High school dollface? We never really spoke about that. . .our future." Mason said, his lips falling into a frown.

He's right. We never spoke about what we're doing after this. Well I mean I know he wants to take football seriously but we never actually sat down and discussed it. Why is that? Were our lives so occupied with drama we never had time to talk about mundane things?

"I-I don't know. I've never really had dreams or ambitions and it's sad because I've spent four years trying to figure out what I wanna be and yet still I-I don't know. I guess I'll just go where life takes me and along the way I might find something I'm passionate about."

It really did pain me to realize that I never had any real dreams. So many girls out there want to become astronauts, or chefs or Doctors and then there's me, a 17-year-old about to graduate high school who still has no idea what she wants to become.

I mean that's totally normal, but after high school, I don't want to waste my time doing things I don't love.

"What do you wanna do Mason?" Sasha asked and he turned towards her, a smile on his lips, "I applied to Florida State University, Berkely and UCLA. I wanna be a professional football player, get drafted to the NFL, you know all that. It's always been my dream, really. But I'm not sure if I'll get into any of those schools considering my track record," he sighed.

I squeezed his shoulder softly and smiled, "you'll get into one of them, Mason. Someone will recognize you for your talent and not for your past because that doesn't define you. What you're able to do with the gift you have is what defines you." I reassured him and mirrored my smile, dipping his head to my palm and planting a kiss against it.

"Mason, if you're worried about us being separated then don't. If you have to move then I'm moving with you." I said and his eyes widened as he peered down at me in shock. He straightened his posture and fully turned towards me, his hands slipping into mine.

"Y-you mean that? You'll leave everything you know and love to move with me?" He inquired anxiously and I nodded my head slowly, "there isn't anything in DC for me. I think moving would give me a fresh start, give me something to focus on, you know? It'll be nice, good. . .for you and me."

He suddenly pulled me into a hug and I gasped as I felt his heart hammering harshly against my chest. Which led me to believe that he was really thinking of what him possibly getting into University would mean for us. Well, I have no problem moving, I meant everything I said.

Maybe when I get there I might find something I love. I am really into fashion, not so much but I can't go a day without properly styling my clothes and making sure everything I wore was coordinated.

Maybe I can look more into that. "I love you," he whispered and I pulled him back so that we were facing one another. He smiled down at me, his fingers lightly caressing my cheeks as we looked into each other's eyes in silence.

And I realized how different my life would be if Mason didn't walk into it. How dull I would have felt, heartbroken about Kaleb and still devasted over my sister's death. I still am, I've never fully gotten over them but having Mason by my side made it easier to cope with.

If moving with him meant that we got to spend every day together then so be it. "Aren't you guys going on a date tonight? Why don't all of us double date, we've never actually done something like that before." Sasha said and I pulled away from Mason's grasp to face her.