ONE

No, I didn't know I wasn't normal like they said, they completely convinced me I was one of them and nothing more or less, I guess I should pay more attention to myself

No, I didn't know I wasn't normal like they said, they completely convinced me I was one of them and nothing more or less, I guess I should pay more attention to myself. Who knew I had to literally go to hell and back to learn even a little about who I truly was, who I am.

I didn't think anything of it when things happened, even before I was welcomed into the world of werewolves. I was told it was just anger or built-up stress, I never truly believed any of that, I just convinced myself I did.

I'm not normal in any way, that much I know is true...

==================================================

I woke to sirens all around me, I opened my eyes to see the night sky above me. I tried to sit up but I was forced down by hands on my chest, "He's awake, we need to get him into surgery NOW!!", a female voice yelled, I looked to my side and saw a smashed car and people looking at me in fear and shock.

Everything around me echoed into my head, like a scream underwater, you can hear it but at the same time, you can't. It's like your mind playing tricks on you or something like that.

I wanted to talk but I couldn't, something was stopping me like my throat was closed off completely. A lady with blonde hair stood over me, her face was blurry, so I couldn't make out details.

I heard a mans voice in the background say, "He was hit by a car???", the woman looked to be nodded, then the man said, "Wait, how did he get those bite marks??!!!", another person then spoke, "Wait..they look faded??".

'Bite marks?' I ran over that detail in my head, I didn't have enough energy to freak out or question the strangers around me. "Have you found out his name yet??" the woman asked, "No, but we're trying to call a few people on his phone to find out and tell the family".

There were no memories of my family, my mind was blank and I had nothing to fill it up. I was in the dark and my body refused to let me ask for answers. Suddenly I didn't have the energy to think, then I heard in the background.

"Hello, I am deeply sorry to tell you, but your son has been hit by a car", my eyes got incredibly heavy. "No, no, no, he's going out again, where is the damn ambulance!!!!". Soon everything around me went black.......

=============================================

I woke to a bright light hitting my eyes, I hissed and closed them tightly. I heard light whispers all around me, I slowly opened my eyes and looked around, I was greeted by a pure white sealing. Something about the emptiness it carried felt unnatural to me like I didn't belong here.

I turned my head and looked over to my right, there was a table full of bandages and medicine bottles with tiny white pills dyed a light orange color. I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion, I didn't think to lift my head.

I was too caught up in my sudden change in scenery. The door soon opens, allowing me to see a woman with darker skin, she wore her dark hair up in a tight bun paired with a tight, white coat with blue scrubs.

She looked kind from afar but I wasn't feeling too trusting of strangers lately. She smiled at me, showing her pure white teeth. She was weirdly familiar to me like I've met her before and I may have, my memory's not too sharp now.

"Hello, my name is Miah, I need to explain some things to you young man", for some reason I was nervous for what she was going to tell me, the way her tone hit my ears caused my whole body to go on high alert suddenly.

I looked at her silently, like I'd be prepared if she tried anything. She smirked and placed her hands on her hips, she gave off a motherly persona, reminding me of my mother, whose image wouldn't come clear in my head, no matter how hard I tried, but that only lead to more thoughts, did I even have a mother?

She walked over to me slowly, speaking in a soft tone, "I know you don't understand yet, but you don't have to be scared, I'm not gonna hurt you, I want to help you". I tilted my head at her, she held her hands up in defense, like I was going to hurt her if she didn't calm me down.

She then reached over and picked up a small mirror from the table by the door, which I noticed was covered by white curtains. She held it to her chest then walked closer to me and handed me the mirror, I reached out and took it in my hands which felt different to me. I was confused but I assumed she wanted me to look at myself, the reason, I didn't know.

I held it up to my face, but I was wasn't me in the glass where my reflection was supposed to be. There, stood a wolf-like head, golden brown fur, and eyes that reminded me of how the sky looked at midnight. I jumped back, an animal-like growl erupted from my mouth, and the mirror smashed on the floor, glass going everywhere.

I looked up at the doctor for an explanation of what that beast that stood in my place in the mirror was. She looked over at me sadly, then spoke in her calm tone, "I know you're scared but breathe, you're more powerful than you know". I tried to speak but it only came out in a dog like wine.

She then reached down slowly and picked up the shards and threw them quickly in the trash, when she retracted her hand I saw red liquid dripping from her palm, I looked at her for an explanation but I saw nothing. No emotion, then she held her hand out for me to see, I stared down and watched as the cut gathered back together, and it looked as if nothing was there at all.

I stared at her in shock but she simply shook her head. Once again she gave me a look of pity, she walked towards me and grabbed my hand, and held it up to my gaze. She held a paw covered in that same golden fur, it was much bigger than my old hand and hers combined.

"This is you now, not forever, you need to learn"

I looked up at her confused but she only smiled.

"And I will teach you"