FORTY NINE

"Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient

"Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient."
― Steve Maraboli

==========================

Constance P.O.V

I felt my throat close as the words left the devils mouth, my heart then drained. North, my North was dead? No he couldn't be, I would feel it right? Maybe since I'm a witch and we aren't fully mated I can't feel him leave this world.

I let a sob out as I covered my mouth, I then began scream at myself not to believe this monster, trying to convince myself he wasn't gone but why would Salvator say something so drastic if it wasn't true? A flash of his smile appeared in my head and I found myself bawling my eyes out.

I fell of the bed but I didn't wince when my knees hit the ground, all I could feel was pain over my love being gone. I cried out in pain as I suddenly felt a pain in my arm, maybe he was dying right now, or I was feeling the aftermath.

I screamed when Salvator tried to touch me, yelling like he had burned me. I then felt another pain on the back of my shoulder, 'Was my mate getting torn apart?!' I asked fearfully in my head. "Please calm down Constance, can't you see this is good news!" Anger then filled every ounce of my body. How dare he call my mates death good!

I stood abruptly and faced him with nothing but anger and pain in my eyes, "YOU MONSTER, GET THE F*#K OUT!!" I yelled at the top on my lungs. I then wondered if he had killed my mate like he promised, did this monster that claimed to love me kill the only thing that kept me sane, the reason I stayed alive?

Salvator winced at my voice and backed away, "Constance-" he began, his normal tone completely changing but I didn't give him a chance to finish, "GET OUT!!" I screamed even louder, he sighed then walked out of the room. "I will come back when you have come to your senses" he spoke in a low tone, I refused to answer or even look at him.

Once I heard the door close, I broke down completely, I wrapped my arms around myself and fell once again to the floor, feeling nothing but heartbreak. My North was gone, the boy who risked his life to try and save me, the only person I have ever loved in the way I do.

Being at Connor's pack was fine and all but I didn't belong there, I wasn't like them, I wasn't a wolf. I couldn't call that place my home, I haven't ever been able to call anything mine my whole life.

Till North. He was mine, my mate, my love, mine. And just like everything else, he was taken from me. I looked up at the window and then silently asked the MoonGoddess why? Why did she take my mate? why she wouldn't let him stay with me.

I then remembered something I heard when I was young, I don't remember the reason or who said it but the words stuck with me my whole life without meaning, till now.

"Soulmates are the most valuable thing to ever exist, it's worth more than money, worth more than life. The best thing about a soulmate is not the life you spend together, it's the time after, when you die, your soulmate will always find you again"

That only made me cry harder. Like I said, I was very young when I heard these words, I didn't understand what even a soulmate was then. But it makes all the more sense now, when I die, I will find North in the afterlife and be with him again.

I wondered how Miah and the pack were dealing with North's death, surly they were the first ones told. Miah was North's adoptive mom after all. I then thought of Miah's mate, Ajax, he was taken some time ago, I don't really remember when or how, I just know he was.

He was so kind, he always treated me like family, he wasn't like you'd picture a purebred Lycan, he was the most compassionate and sweetest person I have ever met. I miss him but at least he's not dead, Miah can still get him back, mines gone forever.

I don't think I'll ever stop mourning North's death, he was my soulmate, my other half and he will always be. I know second chance mates exist but I don't want anyone else, I don't need another person to fill his place in my heart. Dead or alive he was always be with me, I smiled through the tears thinking about how we first met.

I placed my hand over my heart and felt the gentle beats against my skin, "This heart will beat for both of us North, you are forever mine and I am forever yours" I spoke out loud. I didn't care if Salvator heard my love declaration, North is the only one I will ever love, as I said, no one can replace my North.

I then laid my head gently on the ground, then I let myself sleep, hoping I could stay and see my North one last time.

============================

North's P.O.V

I was falling, that's the best way I can describe this,  falling and it didn't feel like I was going to stop anytime soon. 'North..' voice spoke to me that made me jump. It didn't sound like Rhys, it was a women's voice but I couldn't recognize it.

'North please...' the voice spoke with a tone full of sadness. Why was this person sad, did I know this person? 'NORTH!' the voice screamed into my eyes, I winced and yelled out in pain. Then I opened my eyes.

I jumped up from my sleeping position and saw I was laying in a hospital room, I really need to stop ending up in places like this. I shook my head and sighed, "Rhys?" I called out to my wolf but I got no response. Maybe he's still resting from the fight. I looked down and saw my arm wrapped tightly in a white cloth, same with my shoulder.

Wait, were the people who wanted me dead actually helping me?? Before I could question or do anything else, I felt this uncomfortable wave of sadness and pain fall over me, like someone was pretty much dying inside and I could feel it. Then it hit me

I knew exactly where is was from and I only had one question

Who in the hell made my Mate upset??!!!