SIXTY

"When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching -- they are your family

"When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching -- they are your family. "
― Jim Butcher

============================

North's P.O.V 

I stood in front of the long mirror on the wall, straightening out my suit and tie, in order to blend in at the wedding, we have to look the part. So Drogo gave me one of his many suits, no idea why he has so many, but I made the wise decision to not ask questions so. 

I understand that we have to go for my sack, but it's incredibly painful, for both Rhys and I, I'm not too sure about my other beast, but he doesn't seem too happy either, so I'm assuming. Losing your mate to another is...I can't really describe it I guess, it just hurts, the betrayal just lingers on your mind constantly. 

But I've be forcing my wolf and beast back, in fear I might have another episode. I feel broken I guess you could say, I don't know where to go from here, all this pain and suffering is going to leave scars, that wont heal not matter what I do. I've decided I'll stay with Drogo after all this is over. 

I can't bring myself to go back home to Miah and everyone, I don't I'll be able to stand the looks of pity and weakness. So I'll spend the rest of my miserable life down here sulking, sounds like a plan. 

Drogo said Leeanne made a potion, that will make us unknown to the crowd, so we can get in and out safely and quickly, if this goes like it will in my head, we'll have to leave undetected. I hate how I talked myself into this, but I have no other choice in the matter. My mate is no longer mine, she's rejected me in the worst way possible. 

I don't hate Constance, in fact I think I'm still in love with her, and probably always will be, nothing can really change that. She's not a werewolf, so maybe she doesn't feel for me like I do her, I don't know. 

I try not to think about her too much, I'm afraid it'll lead to something I'll regret, "You can still save her..." the stupid beast in my head spoke. I growled and said, "She's made her choice, leave it alone" I spoke with nothing but anger and disgust, "Your anger is clouding your judgement North...". 

He spoke in a taunting voice, maybe he was right, but I didn't care at this point. "Well, what can I do?" I spoke, testing him, he hardly spoke to me, so I didn't trust him. "Trust the bond, and it'll see you through..." I laughed and shook my head. 

"That's all you got!?" I asked in slight anger and humor, "Can't give you all the hints can I...?" he commented, I rolled my eyes and sighed looking back at myself. I'm a miserable wreck aren't I? I questioned myself, "Yes..." I growled, "Shut up" in return, all I heard was distant chuckles. He's gonna be the death of me one day. 

Then I heard the door behind me open and loud footsteps walk in, I turned and saw Lydia walking in, she wore a tight pale pink dress that went to her feet and instead of sleeves, there were flowers across her shoulders, her hair was up in a tight bun with light makeup. She looked beautiful, "No, Mate's beautiful" Rhys commented. 

I sighed and ignored him, not wanting to start an argument about how we have to move on, my wolf is already attached to Constance and want's no one but her, he doesn't understand that we have to move on, the only problem is that he doesn't want to. 

"You look nice" I said with a weak smile, she smiled back and nodded, "Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself" I chuckled and looked towards the mirror, and continued to try and fix my tie. I heard her giggle from behind me and walk over, she then began to fix it for me gently. I smiled down at her. 

Once she was done she smiled sweetly, "Perfect" she said, I smiled again and nodded, "Thank you Lydia" she nodded but continued to stare up at me, with an emotion I have only seen once before. She then closed her eyes and leaned forward, I knew where this was going and stepped back. 

I saw a look of hurt pass onto her face, "I'm sorry, It's just-" she cut me off with a soft smile, "You're not ready, I get it" she paused, "It was too soon anyway" she spoke quickly, folding her arms over her chest, I raised my eyebrows in confusion and was about to ask her what she meant. 

Did the King of the Underworlds daughter, like me? Before I could even get a word out, the door behind me then again, shot open and I heard a happy scream. I turned around and saw Lydia's twin, Lauren, who I've only seen a few times. 

"SISSY!!" she ran passed me and tackled Lydia into a tight hug, "Hey Ren" she said hugging her sister back sweetly, "You look so pretty!!" Lauren said pulling away and holding her sisters hands. Lydia smiled and nodded, "You look very pretty too Ren". 

Lauren was wearing a shorter hot pink dress with ruffles instead of flowers around her shoulders. Then the bubbly girl turned her attention to me, "NORTHY!!" She screamed and smashed me into a tight hug. I was uncomfortable at first, but this girl was like a little kid who just wanted attention. 

So out of the kindness of my heart, I lightly hugged her back, making her giggle. She pulled away but still held my shoulders, "You look so Handsome!!" I smiled at her and her excitement, like I said, she's a little kid. "Doesn't he Sissy?" she asked turning around, Lydia smiled warmly and nodded. 

"That he is" Lauren giggled again and turned towards me, "You look so nice!" she commented again, I smiled again, "Thank you Lauren, you look very pretty" she smiled widely and nodded, "Thank you!" then she went and kissed my cheek, "You're so nice Northy" she said then stepped back. 

"Daddy says we have to leave soon, I'll be down stairs!" she spoke with a smile, then left the room. "She's-energetic" I said swiftly, hoping I don't offend Lydia, but she only chuckled and nodded standing next to me. "She's always been like that, it's just who she is" I nodded then turned towards her. 

"Your dad's waiting, we should go" 

she smiled and nodded to me and held her arm out, "Let's get this over with" 

I smiled and hooked mine with hers. 

"Off we go"