FIFTY THREE

"When we feel weak, we drop our heads on the shoulders of others

"When we feel weak, we drop our heads on the shoulders of others. Don't get mad when someone does that. Be honored. For that person trusted you enough to, even if subtly, ask you for help."
― Lori Goodwin

============================

North's P.O.V

I looked at Drogo in shock and anger, he just tried to kill me with poison...Wait a second? how am I not dead?? I began to panic, I looked down at the cup that soon was empty of liquid and smoke and was just simply laying there on the floor.

Drogo then started to laugh out at my anger and confusion, then he spoke, "I wasn't trying to kill you North" he then reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a small vile full of a blue substance. "If you were a normal wolf, after you would have taken the drink and started to suffocate I would have given you this, a liquid that would have cured you".

He smiled but I still glared, "Aren't you the least bit curious as to who you are North?" then my mind began to wander, I was so sure I was a Lycan that I never really questioned if I was something else, I just brushed it off and assumed I was a rare kind of Lycan or something like that.

"W-What am I?" I asked not really sure if I wanted the answer, he only smiled and titled his head at me, "I don't know, I just know what you aren't" he spoke, clearly trying to make me mad. I quickly jumped up from my seat, knocking my chair over and pounding my hands on the table in pure anger.

"So you poison me, tell me I'm something strange, then say you don't know???!!!" He didn't seem taken back by what I said or anything, he just wore his normal smirk that I wanted to smack off, this guy was super annoying.

He smiled again and said leaning forward, "Listen kid, I don't want to hurt you, I want to help you-" I quickly cut him off by yelling, "How is trying to kill me helping!!!??!!" he rolled his eyes and spoke with slight anger, "You really don't know how to listen do you?" I sighed and folded my arms over my chest.

"I'm just confused and frustrated" I admitted with a frown, he chuckled, "I understand" he then stood and walked over to pick the class that was now clean of white smoke and gently placed it on the table.

"When you first came here I was just going to throw you in the cells considering that you are just a teenager, then I got a good look at you. Now I've seen thousands of wolves and Lycan's, I know how they act and look, you didn't fit the general appearance" he paused then I spoke sitting back down in the chair.

"How are wolves and Lycan's supposed to act?" I snapped, He sighed then continued, "Leeanna tracked your wolf and human bond, you've been a 'wolf' a little over a week or so, your wolf is very young and wild, normally a new shifted your age would be out of control, or you'd be sleeping because of the dramatic shift, especially at your age" he explained.

"Teenage shifters that are bit don't shift till a few weeks of getting used to their wolf, which is why I was so impressed with you, you and your wolf have an amazing agreement bond that most shifters don't get till a few years into the connection" he spoke with a straight and serious face.

The only thing that went through my mind was 'who am I?' if I wasn't North the Lycan then who was I? I couldn't say I was lied to because no one knew, or at least didn't see the signs. "And one last thing, I know I'm dumping all this stuff on you all at once now but this is important" he paused and sighed.

I must look like a mess right now, I was panicking inside with all this information. And here I though I'd get out of here with no problems, I really want to slap myself right now for not thinking this through and planning this.

I shouldn't have trusted Nymeria when she told me about the plan, I should have just stayed put till Miah and the others took care of this, but I was desperate and needed my mate but I was being selfish with this. I feel like such an idiot, now I might not ever get home. Constance might not even want me anymore.

I felt a tear run down my cheek just at the through of her with that vampire, "Wow, ok I've seen a lot of things in my time but a badass Lycan crying is new" Drogo spoke in pure shock and slight humor. Crying in front of the Demon king was the last thing I wanted to do but I couldn't help it. If Conny moved on then I came here for nothing.

I whipped my cheek and then spoke, "Do you know why I came down here?" he tilted his head and shook his head, I frowned and then spoke straightening up and trying to compose myself, "I came for my mate" I spoke with a shaky voice.

"Your Mate's down here?" he questioned sounding purely regretful and sad, I shook my head, "Someone took her away from me and I want to get her back" my voice shook with anger and sadness, all I really wanted was my mate and that was it.

"How would coming down here help?" he asked with a gentle voice already seeing how broken I was over this. "The Vampire King and his bastard son took her and I want the Queen to trade for her" I said slowly with a frown. He sighed and looked to the floor, knowing what Queen I needed for this.

"I understand the pain you're going through, I really do but I can't do that" I growled and said slamming my fist onto the table, "WHY NOT!!" I screamed shaking the room, I felt my wolf start to show, he couldn't understand why we couldn't just borrow the Queen for a little bit.

Drogo smile quickly left his face and he stared at me in fear in shock, "North you need to calm down" he spoke standing and holding his hands out in front of him in fear. My body suddenly growled for me and I stood baring my teeth,

"Rhys calm down!" I begged inside my head,

I heard a weak whimper and his weak voice speak,

"That's not me..."

Then my control was gone.