SIXTY TWO

"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof."

― Richard Bach

==================================

North's P.O.V 

Here we are, the infamous Vladimir mansion, I was told that the wedding was being held in the main ballroom and almost thousands were invited, so we'll blend in nicely. I got out of the car and took a deep breath, feeling scared and sad that I was attending Constance's wedding, but I guess that's to be expected. 

I stared at the mansion and sighed, then I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned and saw Drogo with an open dark blue bottle, I nodded knowing what that was and turned to face him. I took the bottle and took a sip, it tasted like vinegar. 

I began to cough and quickly handed the bottle back, which he took and patted my back, "The taste will go away soon" I nodded and swallowed again. "Did it work?" I looked over and saw Lydia smile and nodded. Lauren than walked over with a confused look on her face.

She took right in front of me and stared at me for a minute, she then poked my cheek, "What did you do with Northy imposter!!!" she then went to smack me and I tried to push her away. Drogo then grabbed her by the shoulder and yanked her back. 

I stared at the girl in shock, "Honey, that is North" Lauren looked even more confused at her father's words, "What?" she asked looking more closely at me. Lydia then turned to her sister and said, "We gave him magic to change his look, so we blend" she spoke kindly even though you could tell both were getting frustrated with her. 

"OH! can I have some?" she asked, Drogo smiled and nodded, "We all do" then he took a sip of the drink himself and began to cough as I did, then Lydia did and after she helped Lauren. I watched as their faces suddenly changed. 

Drogo long blonde-brown hair changed to short black hair, his black eyes turned blue and his beard turned into a smooth stubble. He looked completely different and would never be confused with the King of hell. 

I looked over at Lydia, who's blonde hair went to brown, her purple eyes went green, and her tan skin went incredibly pale, almost sick like. She was completely different in every way, I gotta say, it was impressive. 

I looked over at Lauren and her honey blonde hair went completely white, like Elsa white. Her purple eyes went to a dark brown, and her skin went deathly pale, like Lydia's. We all stared at each other like we were strangers thrown in a room. I guess in a way we were, it's human nature to classify others based on appearance. 

Then Drogo spoke up, "Well, it worked" he laughed nervously, at least his voice was still the same. We all nodded, then I straightened up, "How long does this last?" he smiled and said, "About a half hour, or when the drinker wants to be turned back" I nodded understanding. 

I couldn't help but feel the anxiety build up in my system, I don't think I've ever been this scared before, not with the hell hound, not with the Vladimir's, just this damn wedding that should NOT be happening. But if Constance's happy then I can't and don't want to disturb that, I'm trying to be the better person here. 

We all nodded to each other and went forward with the plan, I held out my arm to Lydia which she took with a smile, and we began to walk up to the building where other guests were arriving, I took a deep breath and followed behind Drogo, who had Lauren on his arm. 

Lydia squeezed my arm and whispered, "It'll be alright, this will be over in no time" she assured me, I nodded and smiled as a thank you. We walked quickly paced the guards, Lydia handing them our invites. We made our way to the middle row and quietly sat down, my leg bounced up and down. 

I was so nervous, not about the wedding, but that Rhys or Jack will be triggered and do something drastic that'll expose us. I was on edge and it was noticeable, so Drogo placed a hand on my shoulder, but not in comfort, for others safety, he can overpower me if things go south, hopefully. 

Then everyone was asked to sit down and the room went quick, up at the altar was stupid Salvator who wore a very expensive tux, his back was turned, but I know his blood filled sent anywhere. I turned to see Lydia looking all over the room, "What are you doing?" I whispered to her. 

She turned to me and asked, "Do you smell that?" she asked, worry and shock laced in her voice, I shook my head, "Smell what?" before she could answer, the music began, signaling the wedding was beginning. 

I looked behind me and saw Salvator's devil sister begin to walk down in a blood red dress, she held a bundle of red and white roses, showing the wedding colors. More bridesmaids walked down but I could care less. Then the music changed, indicating it was the bride's turn. I held my breath, trying to calm both my beasts. 

I began to get a headache, indicating they both were fighting to get out, but I used almost all the strength I had to hold them back. Like trying to hold a door closed when someone stronger than you is trying to get through, soon I would break, I just hoped we were long gone when that happened. 

Drogo gripped my jacket and shirt incredibly tight, trying to keep me in one place. Then I watched an angel cross the aisle in a beautiful dress. Her red hair was tied up in a bun and she was completely decorated in diamonds and jewels, not to mention the giant tiara that rested on her head.

She looked perfect, completely beautiful. 

Rhys cried out along with a whimper from Jack, this was the first time we had seen our mate in a long time, and yet it was so painful. Jack hadn't even met Constance yet, but he had already lost here, we both had. I felt a tear run down my face, I didn't know what to do, all my anger turned into pure depression and sadness. 

Soon, she made it to the altar and stood next to Salvator, she was facing me so I got a better look at her. Then I noticed something that made my anger resurface again. Constance was crying, no bawling! 

And these weren't tears of joy, her arms were shaking as she handed her flowers to Salvator's sister, her face was red, like she had been crying long before now. She looked so broken and sad. 

I blocked everything else out and focused on her completely, they were right, completely right. My judgment was flawed and wrong, this was completely forced and I shouldn't have seen it as anything else. I then began to stand, but was forced down by a hand, I growled quietly and turned to see Drogo. 

He shook his head, "Wait for the line" he hissed at me holding me down, I was steaming with anger at this point. How dare they do this to her!!! To MY Mate!! I made a silent promise that when this is over, no one will even tear us apart again. 

So my ears perked when I heard the fateful line, "If anyone objects to this union, speak now or forever hold your peace". 

I felt a smile appear on my face 

No better time like the present. 

So I gently raised my hand and stood from my seat......