FIFTY ONE

"Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do

"Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength."
― Chris Bradford

=========================

North's P.O.V

As I walked down the dark hall I started thinking of possible ways I could break out of here and head home, screw finding the stupid Queen, I need to get home and fast. Leeanna often took glances at me from over her shoulder, I guess she was making sure I was still there.

Soon we came to a lonely golden elevator which stood quietly at the end of a hall, it opened as soon as she walked in front of it. She stepped in, she smiled at me and pointed kindly to the spot next to her, not feeling my best I walked over and stood next her.

"You're very stubborn aren't you Lycan?" she broke the silence, I growled, "I have a name you know!" I snapped folding my arms over my chest like a rude kid. She chuckled and then spoke in her same gentle tone, "I know you have a name, but I don't know what it is" she said in a dull tone.

I sighed, "It's North" I spoke not really having anything else to lose at this point. She turned to look at me in surprise, "North? interesting name" I rolled my eyes at her. Just because I told her my name doesn't mean we'll be best friends.

Soon the elevator dinged and opened. In front of me was a red hall with gold carpet and silver tables and lights. Leeanna only smirked and stepped out, I reluctantly followed after her, she walked straight to the door at the very end of the hall, she pulled out a gold key from her pocket and gently unlocked the door.

I watched her carefully, making sure this wasn't all a cruel set up to make me think Drogo was going to keep me alive. She then pulled the door open and spoke turning to face me, "Touch nothing, don't move anything, just stay still and wait, he will be joining you soon" she spoke in a serious tone, I nodded my head not really understanding.

She nodded into the room, I swallowed hard keeping my anger at bay, I walked in and as soon as my feet touched the purple carpet the lights went on all at once, and in front of me stood a large room full of leather seats and velvet carpets. Perfectly shinny furs decorated the walls while a warm fire lit in the fire place.

I sniffed the air, searching for any sign of danger, but I strangely found none, in a place full of Demons I detected no danger, odd. 

"Nice place huh?-" I jumped when a voice from behind me spoke, I bared  my teeth, ready to rip someone apart

"Nice place huh?-" I jumped when a voice from behind me spoke, I bared my teeth, ready to rip someone apart. I spotted the King from the arena sitting in a red leather love seat with a pipe in his mouth, he smirked at me, "Decorated it myself"

His eyes glowed gold like my own but they had a darkness to them that mine didn't have. He puffed out smoke then stood from his spot, I stepped back and growled feeling Rhys slowly gaining strength back. "You ok Rhys?" I asked him with concern, I can't let the fighting part of me die.

"I'll be fine, be cautious North, I don't trust this guy" I nodded to myself and kept a fighting stance, I was done with this Drogo guys games. "Whoa there kid, no need to get angry" he laughed out then walked over to a double door on the other side of the room. "I just wanna talk" he said yanking them open.

Inside was just darkness till he waved his hand around carelessly and the lights bolted on, showing a dinning room like area with a long table covered in food. My mouth watered, then I remembered how long it had been since I've eaten, I was starving.

He walked in and yanked the chair on the end out and quickly sat down, grabbing a glass full of what I think is wine and raised his heels on the table. He smiled again setting his pipe down to drink the red liquid. "Take a seat kid" I sighed and reluctantly walked over and sat down on the other end of the table.

It took all of my strength not to dig in and stuff my face with the feast that laid in front of me, and the smell wasn't helping either. I think he planned this, to taunt me with food, Evil Bastard.

He took a long sip of the wine then said with a smile, "Go ahead, eat" he waved to the food, "I know you're hungry North" he spoke my name like I was something special. I was very tempted to reach out and feed my hunger but I refused.

"Fine, but at least have a drink" he pointed to the wine glass that stood in front of me. To prove I was brave I reached out and grabbed the glass cup full of red liquid and took a long sip. It tasted sweet, not like I thought. Drogo smiled and leaned back.

I then decided to speak to this stranger, "How do you know my name?" he scoffed and said taking his feet off the table, "You think when a supernatural anomaly shows up here that I'm not gonna know about it? People talk North, you should know that" he said tipping his glass at me.

"And what do they say Drogo?" I spoke his name with a sharp voice hoping to make him angry, but he only laughed at me, "You have a mouth on you don't you?" I didn't respond. I know I have a mean attitude when It came to people I didn't like, it was just a perk of being me.

"To answer your question, I heard from a friend that there was a boy who was beyond anything he had seen before, stronger than any Werewolf or Lycan. Something amazing-" he paused then sighed before leaning forward, "He said he couldn't be older than seventeen yet his was wise beyond his years, had everything that's needed to rule a pack, to be an Alpha".

My mind raced as Drogo told me these things, was I really this powerful? "He said this boy was something else, not human, werewolf, witch or vampire" I stared at him in shock. "You're not a Lycan or a Werewolf North...". His voice faded off.

"And you just proved it to me"

"How?"

"That wine you drank, was 70% wolvespan and 20% silver ash"

The liquid in the glass suddenly when hot and turned white, I dropped in quickly and watched it pour on the ground like smoke.