SIXTY EIGHT

"First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. And then they attack you and want to burn you. And then they build monuments to you."

― Nicholas Klein

==========================

North's P.O.V 

Constance held me tightly as I looked to Klaus for answers, but he looked hesitant and scared, this only confused me more. Miah then stepped forward, whipping tears from her own eyes, she smiled warmly at me and grabbed my hand and looked me dead in the eyes. 

"You were shot when Drogo was driving you here-" I nodded, remembering that part, then she continued, "When Klaus began to examine the wound, he saw that something besides the traditional silver burn was spreading in your arm, causing your body to reject it and shut down completely". 

She looked down in sadness, "So you were rushed here, Klaus got the bullet out and sent it off for testing, but when the infection wasn't going away or slowing down, they were forced to drain it out, the blood loss completely put you out of commission" I looked down at my arm and saw a long stitch going straight down from the gunshot hole. 

"They did a blood transfusion that should help" She once again paused and looked down in sadness. 

"You stopped breathing only ten minutes ago, your heartbeat then went down so fast,-" More tears ran down her face, "They could barely keep up with this, North-" she gripped my hand tightly, "You were dead for over five minutes" she spoke honestly looking me dead in the eyes. I guess they expected me to be in shock but I wasn't.

The creepy lady from the Spirit world already told me I almost completely died, but that something held me back, I looked down at my feet and nodded slowly. Conny then kissed my head and rubbed my back. Almost dying was my fault, no wonder that lady was in a hurry to send me back. 

I was dying here and she knew it, I shouldn't have stalled her and just left, I really could have died and completely left this world. "I know it's a lot to take in, but it's ok," Conny said with a sad voice, I turned and looked at her beautiful green eyes, "You're alive and you're here with me, that's what matters," she said with a weak smile. 

I nodded and hugged her tightly, I kissed the side of her head and smiled to myself. She's right, I'm alive and well standing with the people I love. "And, we also gave you a small dose of strong sleeping meds to make your 'beasts' go to sleep for a while, but the effects will take over you soon," Klaus said with a smile. 

He then placed a hand on my back, "You need rest and healing time, so let's get you upstairs and comfortable to sleep for a few days to get you recharged and such" I nodded starting to feel tired. Then the door opened again and Drogo walked in and smiled when he saw me, "Looking good kid". 

I chuckled and nodded, "Right back at you" he laughed and walked over patting my back, "Seriously though, I'm glad you're ok" I nodded patting his arm back. I guess I could say that Drogo and I were officially friends now, which was nice. "Lauren and Lydia ok?" I asked wondering about the twins.