19🐰

Y/N's POV

Floating. I keep floating in the darkness. All I can see is a small light. As if I'm drowning in the depth of the sea. I heard their cries. But who is crying?

Am I already dead?

Y/n

I heard someone called my name. I search for the voice but I found nothing.

This time I heard someone giggling. The light shows an image. My childhood. My lonely days.

"Sometimes, life can be lonely," My father said.

"I am scared to be alone," I told him.

"You are not alone though," my father said. I giggled and kiss him on the cheeks.

"Because mom and you are always with me right?" I said.

I saw my child self smiling brightly. Shining brightly with her loved ones. One day it faded.

I saw myself crying in front of my parents' grave. Crying. Mourning. No one can undo the pain. I locked myself up and didn't let anyone in.

I saw a small version of Namjoon. Climbing on my window. I opened it and let him in. Because he is the only one that I could trust.

"They are gone"

"I don't have anyone"

"I'm all alone now"

"You are not" He finally said after my long grief of talk.

"You are not alone," He said and hug me. He hugged me like a real brother who will protect me.

"Listen well Y/N-ah, I may not be your real brother but I will stand as one. I will protect you. Always. You are my family thus you are my sister blood-related or not" He said and patted my head softly. I nod and cried on his chest.

The light flashes different moments in my life. Where I started gaining my cheerful self back then. But I still haven't gained myself to trust anyone. After all, they are all fake. To me.

Another scenario flashes in the light and my most terrifying moment greeted me. I don't want to see it so I close my eyes. I'm afraid to see it. I'm afraid to look at it. Cause if I did, I will break.

"I want to live again"

I heard a voice. I opened my eyes and saw my teenage version in front of me. She is smiling. A sad smile. She touches my cheek and bore her eyes into mine.

"Live," She said.

"W-What are you-"

"Face it," She said interrupting me.

"Live, and face your demons. That's the only thing that can set you free from this darkness"

The last sentence she said before she became a bubble.

Face my demons? But how?

I don't know what to do? I'm doing fine right? I'm doing what I want right? I'm not doing this for anyone. I'm doing this for myself.

I swim to reach the light. I need to get out.

I swim and swim. I need to get out.

The water is suffocating me. I need to get out. I'm out of breath. I need air. This water is like a caged. It's pitch black that I can't see anything. I'm afraid to move.

"Y/N," I heard the voice called me and it's coming from the light.

"I need you Y/N," the voice said. Something drop on my cheeks. Water? But I'm in the water, what is happening?

"Open your eyes please" The voice begged.

"Please," the voice is quite familiar. I don't know why but I have the urge to get out of this and comfort that voice. Then the light flashes something again. The things that I always want to see.

I started reaching for the light. I can't die. After all, I made a promise.

To help myself. To help him. That's why wait for me.

As I reached the light, the brightness blinded me so I instinctively closed my eyes.

When I felt like I can breathe again, I slowly opened my eyes, the white ceiling which coated with moonlight. I tried to speak but my throat is dry and my body feels weak. I can feel the numbness of my limbs as I started to process everything.

"Y/N" I heard someone whispered and I saw Taehyung in my line of vision. He was bewildered for a moment then suddenly he broke into tears as he started saying my name while clutching my hands.

I can feel him trembling, his voice as he speaks my name, bears sadness, relief, and pain.

Just from meeting him for a short while, I know how much he is in pain. How much he was beating himself because of what happened. I just felt like he did.

How much he blamed himself.

My eyes started tearing as I watched him weep in front of me. He looked vulnerable.

With that, I tried to speak the name which feels like I haven't spoken at all. I wanted to comfort him and tell him that it is fine.

That you don't have to blame yourself.

It is not your fault.

"Taehyung"