Chapter 21

I sputtered to the surface and looked at the laughing face of Tom. The boys ran out in their boxers and jumped into the water. I laughed and played around and I saw Maggie slink out in her black bikini and I jumped out and pulled her towel off. She shrieked but regardless I picked her up and threw her in the water. She soon forgot that she was wearing a bikini because she started splashing me.

We played around for hours and hours and hours and when the sun set we finally pulled ourselves out of the water and flopped down on the beach for a Bon fire. The crew was mostly on the bus, or at the real fire, but we left and made another one. We gathered around the fire and the boys were roasting hotdogs and marshmallows. Maggie was sat in jays lap and they were feeding each other Marshmallows and it was really fucking cute.

I was laying on my back in the sand with Nathan spooned up beside me. He kept running his fingers over my scars and I had the feeling he wouldn't let it go until I told him. I being the special girl roasted a hot dog, then took it in my hands and grabbed a bottle of ketchup. Id squirt ketchup onto the top then bite it off, then squirt, then bite, it was a great system if I do say so myself.

"Ellen, beast." said Maggie, I smiled and Nathan chuckled. "beast inn a good way." he said, I grinned down at him who was giving me sheepish looks as he kissed my stomach. "who wants to tell a ghost story?" asked Tom. "no one!" shrieked Maggie, we all burst out laughing and Nathan rolled over and rested his head on my stomach. "look at the stars." he said, I looked. "I can't see them very well." I said. "I know the fire..." he started. "come with me baby." he said, then he took my hand and pulled me up.

He led me away from the laughing group who was Having a great time and we walked along the moonlit beach. We walked over until we couldn't see or hear the boys, then he collapsed suddenly onto the sand. I yelped as He dragged me down with him and he laughed. I laid next to him, both of us on our backs as we cuddled and looked at the stars.

"it's beautiful." I whispered, he nodded. "I know that soon, you're going to have to leave me. Go back to your life in America, and I can't leave the boys, I have a job." he said, a rock settled in my gut as he continued. "but I can't possibly live without you Ellen, I Know we're young, but I love you." he continued. "but, when we're apart and you ever get lonely, just look at the moon and the sun and the stars and know that I'm under the same sky."

"I'm always just a phone call away, so if you're sad just look up into the sky and know that I'm looking at the same stars, the same moon and the same sun." he added. "and I want to give you this." he said and handed me something. It was a ring, I gaped at him. "it's a promise ring." he said and slipped another that looked identical onto his finger. "see, I promise myself to you." he said, I smiled and slipped mine on to.

"I promise myself you Nathan Sykes." I said, he smiled and laced his fingers with mine. W both fell silent and just looked up into the night sky and stared at the brilliant stars in the sky. I couldn't help but to think that I did love Nathan, whole and completely and that i didn't want to leave him, but I had to. It wasn't my choice, i couldn't drop out of school, I had to stay in, but I could go to university near Nathan, maybe do the at home college thing. "you're thinking to hard." said Nathan, then he kissed me.