Chapter 40

I needed sometime to think so I walked into the Night and started walking, just to clear my head. My phone rang and I picked it up. "hello?" I asked. "Ellen, come get me!" sobbed Nathan, I froze. "where are you?" I asked. "in an alley near the hotel." he sobbed, I started running and looking around, until I heard him. I hung up and ran to him, he was laying on the floor. His shirt ripped and his face was perfect as always, but he was hurt. I knelt by him and touched his shoulder, he winced. "Nathan, what happened?" I asked. "some people, they jumped me, I was on my way back." he sobbed.

"aww, sh, sh, baby, it's ok." I whispered and started to pull his shirt off to see how bad it was when I heard a maniacal laugh. "aww, isn't this sweet, a whore come to help the little boy." laughed someone, I saw red at that. I looked and saw three huge men in black leather walking down the street. They looked like thugs and I started to lose it. "don't you fucking say another words against Nathan." I growled.

"that's her name? I thought it would be something soft like petunia so it was like him." laughed a second, they were getting close now. "Ellen run." whispered Nathan, I reached into my back pocket and grabbed my big swiss army knife and opened it, keeping it hidden. "did you do this to him?" I asked, they nodded. "of course." said the first, that was it and I fucking lost it.

The first one reached out to kick Nathan and I lunged and stabbed him in the leg. He screamed and the other two shot off. The one I'd stabbed grabbed a switch blade from his pocket and jumped at me. I gasped as I felt it dig into my arm and I stabbed his wrist.

He growled and sliced down my stomach. I jumped to the side and it sliced deep into my skin I fell to my knees and grabbed the point of my knife and threw it, hard. I watched as it hit him in the ribcage and he fell to the ground and didn't get back up. I collapsed onto Nathan and shock set in. "Ellen!" shouted jay. "Ellen!" shouted max. "where are you?"

I saw them run into the alley and run over to me, Tom was on the phone screaming for 911, then I passed out in nathans lap.