Chapter 49

jays pov now

*********

It wasn't like I had a plan for this, I never did really. I made it up as I went along that honestly that had worked out pretty well so far. I hoped it continued to and that I continued to make her happy. I watched as she stared wide eyed at my house and grinned. We'd been dropped off in front of my house cause we were in Nottingham for a show and we got a day off so I could visit family.

Maggie was absolutely terrified and I think still a bit shocked from seeing Ellen giving Nathan head in the kitchen. I'm pretty sure she bought the whole 'it was a joke' thing because she wanted so badly to believe it. "what if they don't like me?" she asked, I laughed and took her hand. "they love me and just look at me." I said, she laughed which had been my objective. "ya, but you're their son, they HAVE to love you." she said putting emphasis on the 'have'

"ya, well, trust me, they'll love you." I said and took her hand. "ready to go?" I asked, she nodded but I could tell she was still a bit nervous. I walked over to the door and opened it. "I'm home!" I shouted. "is that my jay bird!" called my mom as she ran over and hugged me. I hugged her back and when she pulled away she just looked at me. "you've grown so much." she said, I smiled and nodded.

"mum, this is my girlfriend, Maggie." I said, she grinned and hugged her. "hi Maggie, you can just call me mum, everyone does." she said, I could tell Maggie was a bit uncomfortable but she's do what my mum said. Then she looked at me. "I'm happy you finally found someone who can handle your craziness and still love you." she said, I blushed. "mum...." I said, she smiled and Maggie giggled. "you put up with my craziness and still love me." I said. "ya, but we're family, we HAVE to love you." she said, Maggie laughed.

"that's what I said." said Maggie, her mum smiled. "exactly." she said, then touched my nose. "now come on and see your family." she said and walked into the living room. I took maggies hand and led her through the doorway. I saw my brothers Shane and Tom sitting on the couch. "shane, Tom, this is Maggie." I said, they looked over and grunted hello, then turned back to the tv. "that's not very friendly." I said.

"the games on, Ellen is exactly the same way." said Maggie with a shrug, Tom and Shane were sipping on beers and eating...something.,,I wasn't sure what and I wasn't even sure I wanted to know what. "Ellen would have a field day here." said Maggie. "why's that, love?" I asked her. "boys, booze and footie." she said as if reciting something that's said a lot and I bet thats exactly what Ellen says. I laughed and she grinned. "yes, city scored!" said Tom, Maggie frowned. "oh, well, she's have a field day for a while." started Maggie. "hey Tom, you get really into the games and scream and stuff, you know, defend your team with fists?" she asked, Tom nodded and I smiled.

"he's been in countless brawls." I added, she smiled. "yup, she's have a field day for a while, then she's probably get into a fight with you and you'd fight for a while, then she's feel stupid and probably would start making out with you if she wasn't going out with Nathan." she said, I grinned. "that's exactly what she would do." I said, Maggie nodded.

"ya, she's done it a few to many times." she admitted, I laughed at that. "come on, you can see my room." I said, she nodded and I pulled her though the house and to my room. I walked in and literally winced. It looked like a five year olds room, the wii was out and games were scattered everywhere, there were Mario and other such posters on the walls, oh god this was humiliating.

"it looks just how I thought it would." she said. "ya, sorry that it looks like an anti social thirteen year olds paradise." I muttered, she grinned. "it's awesome." she said, I raised my eyebrows. "really?" I asked. "ya, let's play!" she said and four hours later we were still sprawled out on my floor playing Mario kart wii and yelling at the tv. It was hilarious.

After a while she put it down and cuddled up with me. "you know I love you right?" I asked, she smiled. "jay, how is that going to work?" she asked, oh god, that was something you NEVER wanted to hear out of a girls mouth. "what do you mean, love?" I asked. "well, I live in America, you here and I'm five years younger then you." she said, oh fuck. "doesnt matter." I said. "yes it does." she answered. "well, think about it, a sixty three year old and fifty eight year old, is that weird?" I asked, she shook her head.

"nope, not at all." she said. "exactly, so that's five years." she said. "ya but..." I started. "you know what, I'll have Ellen do this, she's better at it." I said, Maggie laughed. "ya, she is." she said then tried to continue the conversation, so I did something that was guaranteed to change the subject, but I felt really bad for doing it and knew I'd pay later. "Ellen was really giving Nathan a blow job when you walked it." I said, she froze mid sentence and her eyes went dark. "I'm Gunna kill her!" she shrieked.

She started ranting about how wrong and gross and horrible it was when I interupter her and said something I definitely shouldnt have. "how do you know?" I asked, bad decision, you never talk about sex and stuff with Maggie. "cause it is." she said. "ever tried it?" I asked. "well, no." she said, ok, she wasn't killing me yet. If I changed the subject I could save this situation, I could save it, but of course me being me, I had to push it cause I'm a fucking idiot.

"you want to?" I asked, she looked at me, I knew she'd say no. Probably yell at me and get pissed and I'd sure as hell be sleeping alone tonight. But she didn't and it surprised me, maybe Ellen was getting to her, maybe I was getting to her, maybe god had reached down and decided to intervene, I don't know, but for some reason she didn't flip. "ok." was all she said.