Ca(s)tastrophe

caution: includes two spanking of  Dean Winchester, and one instance of strong language

  "Somebody turn the lights on,                Somebody tell me what's wrong,
I'd be lying if I told you,
Losing you was something I could handle"

                                                                       -Candle(Sick and Tired)

********************

Dean Winchester moved quickly through the kitchen, and up the stairs before Bobby or Sam could catch him. The last thing he needed was a confrontation at the moment. He made his way into the bathroom, stripping off his bloody clothes, and starting the water for his shower. Bobby always had exceptional water pressure, the water bouncing off Dean's skin's. He brought the water up to his face, closing his eyes as he ran his hands through hair, feeling the places where the blood had clumped the strands together.

It was no use trying not think about it. Anytime he closed his eyes, blonde hair and two beautiful blue eyes stared back him, so trusting. Dean bit down on his lip, shaking his head, bringing the soap to his skin, and scrubbing as hard as he could. Why was there always so much blood?

"I'll keep you safe."

"Promise?"

"Yeah."

Dean stopped, no longer able to hold his sorrow back, and he dropped to his knees underneath the falling water, bringing his hands to his face as the sobs tore out of his mouth. He stayed like this, hunched over until the water ran cold, shocking him back into the present. Shivering now, he climbed out of the tub, wrapping himself into a towel, and opened the door quietly trying to tiptoe down the hallway. Bobby's house was full of creaks, and groans, and with two other hunters in the house, it was probably no use, but he wanted to try anyways.

He had almost made it to his room when he heard the murmur of voices. He paused at the top of the steps, pressed against the corner, listening.

"Bobby, I'm telling you! He didn't even give one thought for himself, just ran. I shouted, I screamed at him."

Dean flinched at the hurt and anger in his little brother's voice. He had heard Sam yelling. Why hadn't he turned back?

He heard a the familiar sigh as someone moved around the kitchen. "I believe you, Sam. I just don't know what I'm supposed to do about it."

"Bobby, any and EVERY time we put ourselves on the line like that for no apparent reason, we face the consequences. Hell, if it were me instead of him, there wouldn't be a question. My ass would be beat, probably by both of Dean AND you."

You're not lying, baby brother.

"So why are we discussing it?" Sam finished.

"Because of what happened." Bobby answered quietly. "We know what would usually happen in this circumstances, but this is different, Sam."

"How?" Sam sounded so bitter that Dean turned to go, not needing more motivation to feel bad for himself.

"He feels as though he failed her."

Cas? Dean stopped, listening to the familiar voice of the angel. Why was he here?

"That couldn't be helped. It was already in motion, " Sam began, but Cas cut him off.