Perfect-Jacklyn

Brook's POV

I try to take the blindfold off as Jack instructs me to, but I fumble with the knot. He chuckles, undoing it himself. My eyes don't take long to adjust from complete darkness to the light in the room because the only light comes from a set of candles flickering on the table, which is draped with a reddish tablecloth. I smile at the meal on top-Alfredo noodles. I remember the first time I was at his house, his mother had made that. The song that's playing softly in the background is one of the covers we did, Stay Another Day. It was the first one that Jack ever recorded with us.

Jack pulls out a chair for me and I sit down across the table from where he sits.

"Do you like it?" He asks shyly. My face splits into a huge grin.

"It's perfect." That's all I say, but his eyes light up. I've never really realized how lost I could get in his eyes, deep and beautiful. He chuckles a little, and I can tell he's nervous. I try a bite of the pasta and look back up.

"Jackie, did you make this?" I ask. He blushes, a tiny rosy patch appearing on each cheek as he nods. My heart stops in my chest as he looks back up at me, his eyes drowning me and his little smile giving me everything I could ever need.

"This is perfect. All of it." He nods and purses his lips. Taking a bite of his own pasta, he swallows and I ask him why he's nervous.

"I just don't really feel comfortable with this kind of thing. I don't want to do anything wrong..." I reach across the table at his words and touch his hand, causing him to smile at the contact. I lick my lips and withdraw my hand, taking another few bites of the pasta. I look up and realize what he's wearing: a nice dress shirt and dark jeans. Seeing me looking, he chuckles quietly.

"You look very nice," he says, though I'm just wearing my regular clothes. I glance down at them only to feel a gentle finger under my chin. "Not your clothes, you, silly." I smile and blush. I whisper a quiet thank you before we just eat our dinner in silence, watching each other, then getting caught and both of us giggling. After dinner, we sit down together on the sofa, his arm around me as we watch a film on Mikey's laptop.

"Jack?" I ask.

"Yeah?"

"I love you." He smiles and kisses my cheek.

"I love you more," he teases. I laugh. Neither of us say anything more until I figure out how to sum up the evening.

"This has been the night of my dreams," I say. He looks at me, eyes sparkling in the low candlelight and the computer. He stands up slowly, pulling me up by the hand and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"It's not over yet," he whispers. I smile wide and hang my arms from his shoulders. My cheek falls to his chest, and his chin rests on the top of my head. He starts humming a song I recognize, why is he so perfect? Soon the humming switches to his voice.

"I found a love
For me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead."

I join in through the rest of the song.

"I found a girl
Beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone
Waiting for me."

When the chorus comes, we're both still singing it, but then his voice fades and he pulls away from me, holding my arms gently.

"Our first dance, did you...?" I smile and nod. I'd based our first dance off of this song. Dancing in the dark, with you between my arms, barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song. His little laugh makes me smile as his hands hold my cheeks between the palms, and he kisses me gently.

"Darling you look perfect tonight."

If you liked this chapter, give it a vote! If you want me to write a specific one shot about the boys or them and you, DM me or comment!