Kiss - Rylyn

I cuddle up to Rye, my head and hands resting against his chest. He's absorbed in the movie on the screen, but his fingers continue to draw delicate little designs on my arm. I close my eyes, content with not watching the film, just being in the moment with Rye is enough.

We don't move from our position even after the television underneath his bed has gone to its default screen.

"Babe?" His voice comes quiet, and his fingers stop drawing on my arm. I look up, sitting a bit more upright. There's a moment that slight indecision flickers over his face, and I'm sure that mine portrays a bit of confusion. Then he sighs lightly, and looks to me properly.

His hand comes up to my cheek, his thumb stroking it gently, and he's looking right into my eyes.

And I know that he's going to kiss me.

I can't kiss him.

I don't know how...

Just as he starts to lean in, I press my hands against his chest. He stops immediately, blushing furiously.

"I-I'm sorry...I just thought...I'm sorry-"

"-Rye, stop. I just...I've never..."

"Oh damn, you've never been with a guy before, have you. It's alright, baby, it's the same as kissing a girl."

"No, Rye..." my voice is small. I take a deep breath.

"I've never kissed anyone."

He looks shocked. "No one? Really?"

I shake my head. A small, rather sympathetic smile comes to his face. I purse my lips, feeling bad for ruining the moment.

"Then I guess I'll just have to show you. If that's okay."

I nod slowly. A grin spreads across his lips.

"Alright, so I'm going to cup your cheek with my hand, right?" -he does so as he says the words- "and then we're going to lean in, and it doesn't have to be anything fancy, alright?" I smile a little at him. And moments later, our lips are meeting, my heart beating out of my chest. I can barely even get a feel for his soft lips before he pulls away, though I appreciate his going slow.

"Alright?" He asks softly, tracing his finger down the side of my face. I laugh in some form of relief.

"Definitely." My breath comes faster than usual. I lean up to kiss him again, this time letting my instinct take over. I'm propped up on my hand, the other threading through his hair. My body is leaning over top of his.  There's a bit more movement in our lips than the first one. Rye's hand finds its way to my jaw, taking my face in his fingers and pulling me closer.

After a few more seconds, I pull out of the kiss.

Neither of us speak for a few minutes, both of us a little winded. I throw my leg over both of his and my arms around his neck, my cheek pressed to his chest.

"That was nice," I whisper. Rye chuckles.

"It was."

He leans up a bit and kisses my forehead.

"I love you, baby."

I cuddle deeper into his chest, closing my eyes and appreciating Rye in the fullest.

Sorry that was so short but I thought it was kinda cute. It's been in my drafts for ages and I thought I'd get it over with. I've also got like six others, so I'm going to see if I can finish them tonight.

I love you all, give it a vote if you liked it! Hopefully I'll post a few more times this week!

I'm at 192 followers, eight more to go for 200!!! Thanks so much you guys! And also, 56k!!! You guys and awesome, have a great day/night!