EP #1

This is a oneshot about the first EP vlog...but they live in the new house. Hope you like it!

I laugh with everyone else as we all yell into the microphone, all of our hair messed up and our voices cracking slightly. Andy yawned and set me off, then everyone else. I giggle quietly, then Chris tells us that our last recording is good and everyone but Mikey leaves the booth.

Andy sits in a chair beside Chris, Brook in another, then me and Rye on the sofa. I just sit there, but Rye's one leg hangs off of the couch, then the other is spread out on the other side. At his head is a small bundle of pillows, and his arm is bent over his forehead. He groans quietly as he lays down.

"How many more have we got to do?" I ask.

"Just Rye's and Mikey's now. We'll be going home soon," Andy says, his voice soft but a little lower than usual due to exhaustion. I look to Rye, whose eyes are closed already. I've never seen him this exhausted, with purple bags under his eyes. I move over to beside him and gently tug on his hair, playing with it. His mouth opens wide in a yawn, then his eyes open a little and he faces me.

"You still have your recording to do, mate." He nods and yawns again.

"I know," he says, halfway through the yawn. I smile at him.

"Alright."

"I'm going to stay awake," he says, partly to me and partly to himself. I nod.

"Sure. Okay." I move my finger to his face, dragging it lightly over his smooth skin. His eyes close again, slowly and against his will. I continue to move my finger around his face until I feel my own eyelids slipping over my eyes.

I'm woken up by Andy, who smiles at me, then glances at my side. Rye's long gone by now, his soft breaths coming evenly. I go back to his hair and whisper to him.

"Rye. You need to get up." He groans quietly. "You have to record your part. If I woke up then you can too." His eyes open slowly and he clears his throat.

"Just a few more minutes," he groans, burying himself into my side. I sigh and put my arm around him.

"You have to do your recordings though, Ryan. We're all exhausted." He doesn't say anything back.

"Ryan, we need to get work done," Charlie steps in. "This is what you want, right? To make the fans happy?" Rye groans again and makes his face visible.

"Fine. Just let me have a few minutes." He sits up and goes through his usual voice warm ups. When he's done, he stands, stretches and walks into the booth. I smile at his tired face as he stands in front of the mic. in the booth. He looks at me and sticks his tongue out. I laugh.

Rye records his part slowly, and comes out about fifteen minutes later when Charlie tells him he can.

"Can we go home now?" I ask. Everyone laughs, but I know they're all wondering the same thing.

"I was going to do a couple more things tonight, but if you come a little early tomorrow we can get them done then," Charlie says. The whole band nods.

Charlie takes us home, not a long ride but we all fall asleep. When he wakes us up, everyone stumbles into the flat, finding beds and sofas wherever they can be found and laying on them, not caring whose are whose.

I end up with Rye, him laying on his bed and me on Harvey's because someone else took my bed in mine and Brooks room.

"Jack?" A quiet whisper comes through the dark.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Come lay with me?" I take a deep breath and sigh.

"I don't wanna move," I say. He groans. "Come."

Not a sound comes from either of us for a few moments until a creaking noise comes from his bed, slowly, then the springs release the tension and the edge of my bed sinks. He lays down beside me and wraps his arms around me.

"Night, Jack."

"Night Rye." I fall asleep quickly, exhausted by the night and trying not to think about the next day, when we'd have to do it all again.