Homework-Randy

This one's about Rye and Andy, the only two gay boys in high school. Neither are out, but they have to collaborate on a project, which they do at Andy's place.

Thanks for 7k views, that's absolutely crazy. Thanks so much, and I'm still getting to requests, really sorry that it's taken so long.

I smile over my shoulder at Rye. His eyes are flicking all over the screen, his fingers typing across the keyboard quickly. I go back to writing on my paper, jotting down some thoughts in the margins to come back to later.

"Do you mind if I use your bathroom?" He asks. I laugh a little.

"Of course not. Go ahead." He smiles and stands from the bed, setting the computer down and heading into the connected bathroom. I sigh.

He'll never like me back, no matter how hard I try.

I check out the work that he's been doing, he's got a few more points in the document, all of which are good points. I add a dash and my thoughts, smiling at the fact that I have my crush in my bedroom.

"What are you smiling at?" My head snaps up and he laughs, his beautiful laugh.

"Oh, nothing. Just what you've written. You're smart." He scoffs.

"Sure."

We spend the rest of the day working on our project, which we might have left a little late to start. He sits in a chair beside me, smiling at me from time to time, sometimes adding a thought to my work. He scribbles on his paper, using the pen that he insists he use even though it's broken because he doesn't want me to have to use it.

I look at the time and, realizing how late it is, immediately feel my eyes get heavier.

"Want to just stay over?" I ask Rye. He smiles. He seems to be nothing but smiles today.

"Sure. That would be nice." He takes his phone and texts who I'm assuming is his parents.

We continue to work, me a little slower thinking about the fact that we'll probably be up all night talking, and I don't know if we'll watch movies or if we'll just talk. And if we'll discuss girls, that would be an awkward subject. Maybe I'd just come out to him then. He'd probably just smile and continue the conversation with an 'okay'.

"Andy? You still awake?" My head snaps up again and I see him smirking at me. And god help me, it's the hottest smirk I've ever seen.

"Yeah. Just...thinking." He nods.

"Alright. You want to keep working or...?" I nod, wanting to postpone telling him I'm gay as long as possible. My hand is killing me by the time I finish the page and have to reach for another one.

While I give my hand a break, I watch Rye. He looks tired, something I've never seen in him, but it's clear we're having an unspoken war to stay awake at this point. I know that I need something to distract me from my own tiredness.

"Want to pack it in for the night?" I ask him.

"I think that we're nearly done the project. Today was productive." He smiles warmly at me.

"Where do we want to sleep? I can get some air mattresses or you can sleep in the bed and I-"

"The bed should be fine. Assuming you're okay with sharing." I nod, sure that the red colour is coming into my cheeks. We both go and sit on the bed. He takes off his shirt, then looks to me to see if it's allowed. I laugh, but it comes out as a giggle. He's so hot.

I nod and he undoes his jeans too, sliding them off. He gets under the covers, his chest still showing.

He notices my book collection for the first time-it's hard to see unless you're sitting in the right spot on my bed.

"You like to read?" I ask. He nods.

"Yeah, can I-?" I smile.

"Of course. You can borrow something if you want to." He laughs.

"Alright, Mr Generous." He takes a book at random, then passes one to me. He gets comfortable, in a sort of half sitting half lying down position on my pillows and headboard.

At this point, I'm so tired that I can read the words, but I can't put a meaning to them. I can't read them as a sentence, only singular words.

But I continue to read until I feel something drop onto my shoulder. I quickly realize that it's Rye, fallen asleep against me. I'd usually feel a bit triumphant at winning such a competition, but tonight I can't do anything but concentrate on him.

I've never used the word 'cute' to describe Rye, it's always been hot or handsome or attractive, but never cute until tonight. He looks so peaceful and calm, his eyelids lightly closed over his eyes. His lips have parted slightly. The ones I want to kiss so badly.

I put my arm around him and pull him closer, hoping that we're close enough friends that this is considered okay. But he just cuddles into me further.

I can't even with this boy.

I kiss his temple gently, really hoping not to wake him but not being able to stop myself. When he does wake up, I can feel myself going red.

"Wha-oh yeah." I laugh a little, he's so adorable.

"You fell asleep first!" I say, smiling softly. He grins.

"I disagree. I wasn't awake to witness, how do I know you didn't fall asleep too?" I laugh a little harder at that.

Soon we're in fits of giggles, trying not to wake my mum. When we finally calm down, I sigh and lie down.

Rye looks over at me and smiles. His beautiful smile.

I smile back.

He reaches down and intertwines our fingers. I like the feeling of his warm hand in mine. He pulls me closer to him, leaning over me and kissing my forehead.

"Go to sleep, Andy." I sigh, so tired but being embarrassed to fall asleep with someone else in the room. Especially him.

"Rye?" I say quietly. He makes a small noise. "I'm gay."

I half expect him to push me away, but he just squeezes my hand and looks over at me.

"Alright. Thank you for telling me, bub." I smile a little, mostly at the nickname.

I'm definitely caught off guard when he pulls me so close that my cheek rests on his chest.

And then he starts singing in this angelic voice, quiet enough for it to make me even sleepier. I marvel briefly at the fact that I've never heard him sing before if he's that good.

I close my eyes and place a hand over his abs, playing with his shirt.

"You like to cuddle a lot," he observes quietly. We both giggle quietly, me from embarrassment, and I don't know why for him.

Moments before I drift off, I feel a hand in my hair, and his beautiful voice.

"I love you, Andy."

Hope you enjoyed, give it a vote and comment if you did. I have just briefly considered doing a part two to this, so lmk what you think!