Goodnight

This is set when Sonny was on trial!!!

Andy

I kiss Brook on the cheek, carefully moving him off of me. He snores again and settles himself into the back of the sofa. I sigh as I stand in the doorway, looking back at him with a sad smile on my lips. He's been so ill...and on Sonny's first day of trial too...

I'm startled by the long yawn that comes from my mouth. I lean against the doorframe, eyes closed. I'm suddenly so exhausted that I feel like I could just go to sleep right there.

Instead, I go to each boy's room as I always do. First to Rye's.

He's snoring loudly, as usual, and curled up into a little ball around his covers. I smile and watch him for a few moments.

"Goodnight, Rye," I whisper into the darkness.

I close his door slowly so that it doesn't wake him up.

Next is Jack's, even though I know he'll be sound asleep.

He's sprawled out on his bed, the covers bunched at his feet. I walk closer and pull them over him, tucking him in. My fingers rest on the edges of the blanket. He looks so peaceful. He mumbles something and he grips unconsciously at the fabric. I ruffle his hair and go back to the door, my hand on the knob.

"Goodnight, Jackie."

I shut his door slowly.

Next is Brook's but I don't go in. He's safe. Asleep.

I slowly open the door to Mikey's old room, to Sonny's new room. There's nobody on the bed and I immediately bite my lip.

"Sonny?" I whisper into the darkness. I go in and notice him on the floor. His legs are crossed and his chin has dipped down to his chest. I can hear his even breathing.

I kneel down next to him, setting a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Sonny? Wake up," I whisper.

He blinks awake, lifting his head clumsily. His hand immediately comes up to his neck and rubs it. "Ow..."

"Sorry for waking you, but I didn't want you to be uncomfortable." I offer him a hand and he takes it. I have to take most of his weight to pull him up, and even then he leans heavily into me. I help him to sit down slowly on his bed, and then to lie down. I tuck him in, his eyes on my face the whole time.

"Thanks for this, Andy."

"For the trial? Well, we all know how good of a singer you are, and I think you'll do great here." I smile and brush some hair out of his eyes. I've always loved how curly it is.

"No...just this." He looks down at the blankets that now cover his body. I ruffle his hair.

"It's alright. Each of us had a couple of days when we couldn't sleep...when Brook first fell asleep here he was actually on the kitchen counter and he dropped his phone. It shattered. So I'm glad that you're alright." I sit down on the edge of the bed. He takes my hand.

We sit in silence for a few more minutes. His breathing quickly takes on the rhythm of sleep; soft and slow. I unclasp my hand from his limp one, pressing a kiss to his forehead. I go to the door and whisper,

"Goodnight, Sonny."

Sorry that this was so short and that I haven't posted in forever, but I hope that you guys liked it anyways. The next chapter of Flicker SHOULD be out tomorrow, it's the last chapter before the epilogue and were really excited for it. I'm finished it off tonight.

I did quite well on my exams, I guess I'm kinda happy with how they went.

Have a great day/night, and stay gay!