Try-Brikey

So I've decided that I'm just going to update once a week, or maybe more if I have inspiration. I get really impatient and want to post a chapter almost every day, so maybe I'll start doing two a week?

Anyways, I hope you like this!

"Please help me welcome the schools very own, Brooklyn Wyatt!!!" The crowd claps politely but I can tell that it's not too genuine. I've never been popular, they don't really like me for who I am. But I continue being who I am anyways.

"This-this song is..." My heart races in my chest, my hands are shaking and sweating and my head is spinning. I quickly find Mikey in the front row.

I can't do this, I mouth to him. He shakes his head.

You can do this, baby, he mouths back. You've got it. His little smile and sparkling eyes help me to get through to the speech. My hand curls around the microphone.

"This song is-is for anyone. Any one of y-you, who is doubting th-their self w-worth. F-for anyone who d-doesn't think that th-they are good enough." Mikey smiles softly as I take a deep breath, his eyes giving me enough confidence for me to give the signal for the music to start behind me. The guitar and piano's sounds echo through the room. I start to sing at my cue.

"Put your make-up on
Get your nails done
Curl your hair
Run the extra mile
Keep it slim so they like you, do they like you?"

There's already lights in the audience, waving back and forth. I continue to sing the song with a little more confidence with every light I see come up in the crowd.

"Get your sexy on
Don't be shy, girl
Take it off
This is what you want, to belong, so they like you
Do you like you?"

I can feel tears burning my eyes. I try to hold them back, but they start to fall. I'm not even sure why, I just keep singing the song, thinking as I do.

When I get to the end, I'm almost whispering the words.

"Take your make-up off
Let your hair down
Take a breath
Look into the mirror, at yourself
Don't you like you?
'Cause I like you"

I stare out at the school, smiling and crying at the same time, laughing that I did it.

"Thank you." I say, handing the microphone to the boy doing the announcing. He claps me on the shoulder and holds the microphone away from his mouth.

"That was beautiful," he whispers to me. I smile.

"Thank you."

I take my seat beside Mikey and look at him. He immediately kisses me. My eyes close and my lips respond to his. He puts his arm around my waist and pulls me closer, ending the kiss. He leans his head on my shoulder.

"You did so well, love," he says. I smile and put my head on his.

"Thanks," I say, blushing. "I was so nervous."

"I know," he says, pulling his head back up and placing his hand on my cheek as someone else gets up on the stage. "That's why I'm so proud of you. You did it anyways." I smile embarrassedly and look down into my lap. We resume the position with his head on my shoulder. He takes my hand.

"I love you, Brook, you know that?"

"I love you too, Mc Mikey mike on the mic." He chuckles quietly and looks up to the stage.

"I can't believe how lucky I am to have met you. Nothing I could ever do would make me deserve you."

"Mikey, you don't have to try."

Hope y'all liked it, give it a vote if you did! Honestly thanks so much for 660 views; even though it doesn't seem like a lot, it means everything to me. ❣️ DM me or comment an idea or a name!

Thanks so much! Have a good night :)