June 1st (Part 2)

Here's part two....it's terrible.

"Y/N, wait!"

The car driving along beside the sidewalk was apparently occupied by the last person I wanted to talk to.

"What Tom?" I asked weakly and with zero emotion.

He stopped the car a few yards in front of me, climbed out, and ran back to me, grabbing my arms in his hands tightly, preventing me from running.

"Stop running off. I want you to let me fix what's wrong!"

I looked at the sidewalk. "You kinda can't, Tom."

"Why not?"

"Can you fix the fact that I'm desperately in love with you and have no nerves to admit it? Until now, you know, when I just blurted it out to you," I said to the sidewalk.

Somehow all my limbs felt numb from crying. I was shaking, too upset to control my mouth.

He put his fingers under my chin too lift it to look at him.

"Look at me, Y/N."

I obeyed.

"I sure as hell can fix that, but here's the thing, I am under the impression your dress would look better on my floor."

I heard a mild amusement in his warning tone.

Something in me snapped.

What the hell was I doing looking up at him numbly? Kiss the man, Y/N!

"So are you going to let me drive you back to the party and tease you all night or do you want to stand here on the sidewalk?" He asked.

"Tease me....how?"

"I'm not kissing you till the party's over."

"Alright then."

I let him drive me back to the party.

"He's back! Where'd you go, homey?"

Tom nodded curtly at Z, and walked past her.

She stared at our intertwined hands, sent me a wink and walked off.

Good?

Or bad?

I dunno.

But we weren't just friends anymore.

Tom pushed all the way to the center of the dancing crowd.

"Alright darling, dance with me."

So I did.

But I knew he was up to something.

He kept eyeballing my lips and biting his.

I got an extreme urge to smack him.

When we could no longer dance anymore, we crashed onto the couch.

He was laughing with his friend while I started using my new liberty to play with his hair.

I watched goosebumps form on his skin as he lost concentration on the conversation.

I rivaled in his slight arousal.

It was kinda fun, until he decided on payback.

I stood at the counter when he walked up behind me and pressed his chest to my back, resting his head on my shoulder and began whispering things to me.

My new friends noticed I was no longer interested in the conversation.

As soon as the last person cleared out he was bound and determined to make me regret teasing him.

However, I got the mindset that teasing him was fun.

And can I just add, I'm glad he felt the same way about me, or else the sidewalk conversation would've been far more awkward.

And I wouldn't be kissing him right now.

"Happy birthday."

"Shh."

"I love you too, twerp."

"Oh good, now prove it by kissing me instead of talking."

And I did.