Attention

Here's loki for you! And we all know he'd never accept much attention.....

(Remembered Clint)

I sat at a party.

Now, let's be more specific, I was at a Stark party. Those are different from just 'parties.'

Me, Pietro, Clint and Sam sat in the back.

We were watching the dancers and drinkers.

When I say dancers, I don't mean strippers or pole dancers, no, Tony was a little more well-behaved because he's engaged.

I'm talking about the people waltzing or whatever-the-music-wanted-them-to kind.

Pepper and Tony, or as it's been called, Pepperony, were waltzing extremely romantically while Pepper was laughing at whatever Tony said....not that I want to know.

Steve and *gag* Sharon were also out there doing something that looked very fun, and Steve looked so in love it made me sick.

Bucky had found him a cute short brunette to dance with, and it appeared they'd be leaving soon.

Wanda and Vision, or Scarletvision, were out there slow dancing three inches off the ground.

Thor and Jane were showing people how it was done.

But me, Pietro, Nat, Clint and Sam sat here not dancing.

I sat incredibly close to Tasha, her hand rested on my knee.

She seemed like the type who hated physical contact, but I think Wanda got to her.

Speaking of Wanda, she was looking like she was glowing, having the time of her life, which she deserved.

On the other hand, her twin looked like he was ready to put Vision in the microwave and watch him explode with zero remorse.

My eyes wandered to the other handsome God, who stood in the corner leaning on the wall, also people-watching, donning a damn good-looking black suit.

I bit my lip as I watched him.

He was trouble, but trouble had never looked so good.

Tasha squeezed my knee to get my attention. "You good?"

I looked at her for a moment, clearing my mind. "Yeah, I'm fine."

I stared at my lap until I heard someone clear their throat, and looked up to see Loki.

Man those eyes, right?!

"Can we help you?" Tasha asked.

Loki ignored her. "Dance with me."

I stared wide-eyed at him.

Tasha decided to do the talking for me as her grip on my knee tightened to yelping point. "Since when did you dance?"

"Since when was I talking to you?" Loki asked in a perfectly calm voice and an eyebrow raised in her direction.

I was still only staring.

"Since you walked up to my baby and asked her do dance with you," Tasha spat 'dance' with contempt, like she couldn't imagine me dancing with him.

Or anyone.

"Your 'baby?' You mortal's terms of endearment make me sick," Loki shook his head.

"And what would you call her?" Tasha asked in a low growl.

"That's between me, her, and the music."

Wow, smooth.

"Tasha, I'll be-"