Birthday Boy (Part 3)

............You guessed it! June 1st.........again.

I swear, it's the last one.

"Hey! You actually managed to get her to come!" Harrison sounded more then relieved.

I smiled out of boredom and Z elbowed me. "Be nice."

I nodded.

"Tom's in the back, probably flirting and drinking. Better go pull him away."

I didn't miss the wink sent between Z and Harrison as I walked to grab the Brit.

"Hey birthday boy," I said to him.

He wasn't flirting nor drinking. "Hey, you came!"

I smiled. It became awkward when a pretty little blonde walked in to him.

"Hey, you wanna dance-"

"Sorry, this is our song," I pulled him away from her.

He stared at me with a shocked and amused look on his face.

"Are you feeling jealous, pretty girl?"

I rolled my eyes for about the fiftieth time that day. "Just put your hands on my hips and dance."

He listened and smiled very smugly at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You look absolutely stunning in that dress, you know," he said, looking me up and down and biting his lip.

"Ha ha, very funny. You should see Z, we're twins."

"I bet you look better though."

"I bet not," I shook my head.

He spun me in a circle while I smiled widely.

"So..it's my birthday, right?" He asked.

I sensed an ulterior motive. "Yes, yes it is."

"So, you got me a present?"

"Psh, please, me showing up is a gift in itself," I answered, and his grip on my hips tightened momentarily while he stuck his tongue out. "But I do, I do have something for you, but you get to wait and just enjoy dancing...with Z," I pushed away and signaled Z, who got the hint and took my place while I got some air.

About ten seconds after I'd leaned against the banister to stare at the start sky a British voice interrupted my thoughts.

"You know, I may have left Madonna on the dance floor, but that doesn't mean you can leave me."

I laughed at him. "Oh really?" I asked weakly.

He leaned against the banister next to me. "Yes really, I'm Tom Holland, and I'm the birthday boy, so that's against the rules."

I scoffed, turning to look at him.

His hair was fluffy as per usual, his big brown coffee eyes shining in the faint moonlight, mixed with the light from the street lamp.

He was smiling as per usual as well.

Ever present grin.

Semi-permanent smirk. Whatever you want to call it. It was there.

Music was blaring in the background, but as I turned to him it switched to a slow dance song, and I immediately felt like I'd been sucked into a romance movie. "What rules?" I asked softly.