One Night Stand

I woke up in the morning...er...afternoon I think...to find myself undressed in bed with Tessa on my back, and my nose congested from having an allergic reaction to her.

It sucked. And now I talked funny from the allergies. But Tom wasn't with me..just his pooch.

I rolled a little to try to make Tessa leave, and I had success...she left the room in a couple bounding leaps to find her master.

(Who'd been my 'master' last night. Shh.)

"Oh Tess, why do I have to be allergic to you?" I grumbled in my new funny tone as I pulled one of Tom's t-shirts over my bare frame.

I wandered sleepily down the stairs to find Tom's buddy Harrison, who I only knew from photos, sitting at the counter.

He looked me up and down, whistled, and said, "Another of Tom's one-night stands?"

I gaped at him. "Uh-excuse me?!"

He held his hands up defensively. "Tom's that way," he pointed, no longer making eye contact.

I glared and followed where he'd pointed, and sure enough, there was my boyfriend at the dining room table.

He spotted me and smiled.

However, the handsome smile faded when I slammed my hands on the table and leaned threateningly close to him.

"Hey darling," I said in my funny tone, to which he pinched his mouth together so he wouldn't laugh. "Why is your best friend in our house being busy having no idea who the hell I am?" I sounded sugary-sweet and false.

"Uh," he paused as he thought. "I may have not told him what you look like?"

The fact he answered with a question made me frown harder, so he leaned farther away. "Thomas. You wanna know what he said to me?"

He pinched his mouth together again at my funny voice. "G-good morning?"

I snarled, and he balked again. "He asked if I was 'another' of your 'one-night-stands."

Tom looked mortified.

I nodded with a grim smile that scared him even more. "You have a lot of explaining to do darling, so I suggest you start right now."

He looked in the direction of where Harrison was. Probably mentally killing him in fantastical ways.

"Tom, I'm serious. I want to know why he assumes I'm 'another' of your-"

"Listen, baby, that was a while ago. Before I met you," Tom started, leaning back towards me.

I nodded, still hating his guts. "Right, sure. I sorta," I pretended to be smiling happily. "Don't believe you."

He sighed, hiding his face in his hands.

"Thomas, I really really want to be able to trust you. Please tell me this won't happen anymore? I mean, I don't even know what I'm making you promise, but I'm your only girl, right?"

He was still trying not to laugh. "Yes baby, I promise."

I nodded. I'd have to let him laugh sooner or later. "Alright, go ahead and laugh at me."

He raised his eyebrows and remained totally still for a moment before bursting into laughter. "Oh my god, you're so cute!" He cried.

I sighed and sunk into the chair across from him. "So are you," I muttered.

"Listen, Angel, I've never had a one night stand in my life. Harrison was teasing you!"

Harrison cleared his throat behind me, and I jumped and spun in my seat to see him. He waved a little. "Hey. You're Tom's girlfriend. Whom he never shuts up about. Please, make him stop."

I nodded slowly and turned back to Tom. "So you're suggesting a muzzle?" I twitched and eyebrow at Tom as Harrison whistled.

Tom's eyes widened. "Who's wearing it?"

I squinted my eyes at him. "You."

He gulped and nodded. "Yes misses."

I smiled while Harrison laughed awkwardly and walked out.

"Wow, he probably thinks we're very messed up, doesn't he?" I laughed a little.

He nodded, "Oh yeah. We are messed up, so he's not far off."

I shook my head. "I love your dog, but she makes me sneeze, and talk like this!"

Tom smiled. "I think it's cute."

He was too cute.