Birthday Boy (Part 2)

It's...uh, still June 1st,

"You need to come! Come on, it's his birthday for Gods sakes!"

"I don't have to," in truth, I actually didn't want to. Not after our on-stage kiss that made everything very awkward.

"What?!"

Harrison was trying his very hardest to convince me I needed to show up.

I felt that I didn't need to, and that if I did it would be far to awkward.

"Come on, we've been doing stuff all day which you refused to participate in! Please, come on. You'll break his heart if you don't show up!"

"I somehow doubt that," I mumbled into the speaker.

"Are you freaking kidding me? What's going on? Usually you jump at the opportunity to see him....are you growing sick of him already?"

I scoffed at his assumption.

Yeah, I was sick of him, Harrison, that made sense. "No, Harrison, I'm not an important friend, the 'type you invite to a birthday' deal. And besides, I'm 19, y'all be drunk and I'll have to take care of your annoying behinds."

I could practically hear him rolling his eyes at me.

"Tom's a funny drunk, trust me, if you can even get him drunk."

It was my turn to roll my eyes. "I somehow doubt either of you are a 'funny' drunk, so I'm gonna pass."

"Oh come on!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Look, Harrison, I'm not going to be convinced to-"

"I'm coming to pick you up at seven like it or not."

Click.

He hung up.

I groaned louder then necessary and tossed my phone in a not-so-nice way at the couch.

"What is it with my friends these days?!" I screamed into a pillow.

"I dunno, I thought I was pretty friggin' awesome."

I pulled my face out of the pillow to grimace at Z.

Zendaya?

Yeah her.

"You are," I grumbled and stuffed my face back into the pillow.

She sat next to me on my couch. "I heard your half of the conversation...which was weird.....anywho, is Harrison trying to convince you to come to the party tonight?"

I nodded.

She ran a long-nailed hand up and down my back, making me freeze.

"If you come I'll take you shopping."

"Are you bribing me?!"

"Yes. No shame."

I grumbled half-sentences and curse words while she tugged me up and out the door to find something flirtatious to wear.

"You actually want me to wear this?!"

"No...you'll kill him."

"How about this one?"

"You knocked him dead."

"Z?"

"They're gonna have to arrest you for murder in the first degree. Planned and deliberate."

"You pick the dress then!"

And she did.

If she said I'd kill him with the dresses I'd picked, well, I gave him a one-way first-class ticket to heaven with the one she chose.

It was medium length very-flowey, pale pink with a white corset at the bodice.

I looked absolutely beautiful in it, but I didn't know what sort of mental damage I'd do to the birthday boy.

"You look so cute!" Z squealed at me.

I twirled in the mirror. "Black or white heels?"

"Oh, wow. Good question. How about you wear a black Barrett or something with black heels?" She tossed me a black Barrett.

I put that on with black heels.

I loved it.

"Okay Z, your turn."

She picked a lovely purple dress that looked like mine...but with a black corset.

"Are we going as twins?"

"The Sexy Sassy twins, yes. Ordinary twins like you suggested, no."

That was her reply.

"Just wait till the dating rumors hit, honey. You've only started," Z said with a very serious tone, turning on her blinker before flipping someone off.

"Zendaya Coleman! You're too famous to do that, put your hand down," I yanked her hand back down while she smiled sheepishly.

"You do realize your dress is still gonna murder him to see, correct? I mean, we're twins, yes, but you look hotter then me."

I rolled my eyes, but still enjoying the praise.

"We both know that's not true, Z."