The Widow Maker

I didn't like train rides. They kinda terrified me. Mostly it was the station I was scared of.

Sitting on the benches was fine.

It's the people. I mean, usually they're not bad, but today there was one person whom scared me very badly.

I was trying not to draw attention to myself, but he stared right at me. It was just me him, and two...less frightening characters, which would be the redhead and the blond; the redhead being a woman who was quite lovely but looked like she killed people for a living, and the blond being a tough handsome guy who looked like he shared the redhead's way of life.

They stood against the column beside me.

I could see the redhead's gun strapped to her thigh from here.

So maybe she did kill people for a living.

Undercover cops maybe?

But the man sitting on the bench across from me was definitely not an undercover cop.

He stared at me with a wide grin, his head tilted to the side.

There was something really wrong with him.

I mostly got that hint from, when I was checking out the blond and redhead, he moved soundlessly one bench closer.

I crossed my legs and watched him.

The redhead was watching him with a piercing gaze.

I began to feel more uneasy as I glanced back at the strange guy to find he'd soundlessly moved yet one bench closer.

I almost screamed.

He was kinda creepy and slightly demented looking, and I wasn't sure how to handle this situation.

I was just a teenager.

Speaking of teenager, a very cute boy had joined the redhead and blond, and he was watching the guy. I glanced back at the man, who hadn't moved this time, thank god, and glared.

When I dared to glance back to the three people by me, I turned at the exact time the boy did.

We locked eyes, and his widened as he took me in, mine doing the same.

He was very cute, and he appeared to be thinking try same about me.

The blond turned to the redhead woman, and when we all looked back at the man he was one bench closer; the one next to me.

I jumped up, staring down at him. "What do you want?" I asked calmly.

He smiled widely up at me, and didn't answer.

"Can you please leave me be?" I asked. "Do I look like someone you'd want to mess with?"

He only smiled.

"Dude, you're messed up," I muttered and tried to turn away, but felt a cold hand grab mine.

I whipped around to see him no longer grinning, but staring at me emotionless and standing very, very tall.

"Come on sweetheart, that's rude," he said in a toneless growl.

I gulped and tried to yank my wrist away when the redhead woman kicked him right in the head.

The teenage boy webbed him to the ceiling, and the blond guy pulled me away, behind a pillar so I couldn't see what was happening.

I gasped, and he covered my mouth. "Shhh, it's okay, shh."