17

Kendall sighed to herself as she lay on ned. Kendall wasn’t sleeping. She was worried over both Christine and lacey. Kendall knew that Christine had started drinking again and that she wasn’t there for Lacey who was out of control. Kendall knew that Lacey was acting just like her when she was a teenager and that was what worried Kendall. She didn’t want Lacey to go down the same path as she did. She knew that Lacey was better than that after all. Lacey had watched Kendall self destruct over the years and Kendall thought that Lacey would of knew better. Kendall stood from the bed and sighed as she looked to Simon who was asleep. She got dressed and grabbed her car keys off of the side and sneaked out of the flat. She knew she needed to go and check on lacey. Kendall got to Christine's and let herself with key under the plant pot. She let herself into the house and saw Lacey was asleep on the sofa. Kendall walked over to her and woke her up “go away” Lacey said as Kendall roll her eyes “no. Come on” Kendall said as Lacey groaned and say up and looked to Kendall and glared “what are you doing here? You don’t even live here?” Lacey said as Kendall looked to her and rolled her eyes.

“Yes well with our mother and her drinking again I need to see how you are” Kendall said as Lacey groaned and looked to Kendall. She was still drunk from the night before. “Why are you here. Your not my mother?” Lacey spat as Kendall looked to her and crossed her arms over her chest “You Think? Our mother is a drunk Lacey for crying out loud. I was nine when I started looking after you and Connor I had no childhood and all the memories I have is looking after you and Connor or cleaning up after mum and putting her to bed. I was nine. I was still a child. So tell me again how I’m not your mother as I have looked after you since you were four and I’m not going to stop now and I am not going to stop caring. So you need to cut out all of this you are better and don’t want to be like mum or how I was. Do you not remember how bad I got and how I needed my stomach pumped?” Kendall asked as Lacey looked to her and smiled “I’m sorry” Lacey said as Kendall smiled and pulled her into a hug.

***

Kendall got to school with a hungover Lacey who groaned to herself “behave and try and stay out of trouble” Kendall said as Lacey rolled her eyes “When is mum coming back?” Lacey asked as Kendall sighed “I don’t kw” Kendall said “there she is” Lacey said as she looked down the hall to an obvious drunk Christine. Kendall sighed knowing what Christine was like when she was drunk “ go to class okay. I’ll deal with her” Kendall said as Lacey nodded. Kendall walked over to Christine and rolled her eyes “so you have done it again haven’t you mother? You choose drink over your children” “oh hush Kendall it’s not like you can talk” Christine said as Kendall rolled her eyes “I was the same as lacey. I was sixteen when I went out of control lime Lacey is. I’m not going to let you do to her what you did to me. You ruined my life and your going to ruin hers” Kendall said as Christine looked to her and laughed bitterly “It’s not like your prefect. You have an affair with Simon lowsley” Christine said as Kendall looked to her “It’s always about Simon isn’t it?” she asked “yes because he is turning you against me. You have changed since you got with him” Christine said as Kendall shock her head “no, I haven’t. I looked after you and everyone for years and I’m done. I’m don’t looking after you” Kendall said as she turned around and saw Simon standing there.

Simon walked after Kendall towards her classroom and pulled her into a hug “it’s okay” he said as she started to sob into his shoulder. Simon walked down the hall and into the office. He walked on and shock his head as he looked to Christine “you really are pathetic” he said as she looked up at him half drunk still “excuse me?” she said as he looked to her and rolled his eyes “You heard me. You ruined Kendall’s and latest life enough don’t you think you should put a stop to it” Simon said before he stormed off.