18

Kendall stood watching as Lacey lay asleep on her couch. She stood watching her as she slept. Kendall had took Lacey in for a few nights. She was worried over Lacey as well as Christine and her out of control drinking. Kendall placed a hand on her bump and smiled to herself as she felt her baby kick away “it’s okay baby auntie Lacey will be fine. She has to be” Kendall said to herself as she heard a knock at the door. Kendall frowned and walked to the door and opened it. She saw that it was Connor and frowned as he smiled and hugged her “what are you doing here?” Kendall asked as he looked to her and smiled “Imogen called me. She told me about mum and how Lacey is back and getting drunk all of the time. You should of told me” he said as she looked to him and smiled “I thought I could handle it” Kendall said as he looked to her and smiled. He hugged her and smiled “it’s okay. You don’t need to do it on your own. We are siblings and we will do it together” he said as she nodded. Lacey groaned as she woke up. She looked to Kendall and Connor “do you have to me so loud?” she asked as Kendall rolled her eyes “have a shower and get dressed lacey. You stink of sick and drink” Kendall said as she walked off as Lacey groaned and lay back down onto the sofa.

***

Kendall got to work and smirked to herself as she saw Simon who stood on a climbing frame. She looked to him as he showed off. She watched as he stood on the ground “what do you think?” he asked as she looked to him and smirked “I think that you are going it male a great head” she said as he grabbed her waist and pulled her to him and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him to her and deepened the kiss as Lacey walked past and groaned “ugh you two make me want to be sick and it’s not my hangover talking either “ Lacey siad as Kendall pulled away from Simon and rolled her eyes as she pulled away from Simon and looked to Lacey “lighten up sis. You'll turning into a drunk like mum” Kendall said as Lacey looked to her “I’m not” she said Kendall raised an eyebrow to her.

Kendall walked down the hall and frowned as she saw Lacey who was sitting in an empty classroom. Kendall walked in and sat next to Lacey and smiled “do you think mum is going to be okay? Or do you think she will go off the rails again. Like she did when I was little and when you looked after me and Connor all off the time?” Lacey asked as Kendall looked to her and frowned “you remember all of that? You were only little” Kendall said as Lacey looked to her and smiled “of course I remember you were nine and looking after of us. I remember the fights and how you dragged mum in as she passed in. You will be a great mum. You always protected me and Connor from the truth. You still are I know you” Lacey said as Kendall looked to her and smiled “I’ll always protect you lace” she said as Lacey looked to her and smiled.

***

Kendall walked into the office and smiled to Simon as he looked to her “What’s up?” she asked as he ran his hands through his hair “do you think I’m doing a good job at head?” he asked as she smiled to him “your doing a good job so, why?” she asked as he looked to her “Christine she resigned. I got offered the job as head” he said as she looked to him and smiled “take it. You will be a great head. You should take it” she said as he smiled to her and kissed her slightly “your going to be a great mum, you know that right” he said as she smiled to him and nodded.