The Demon Of SHIELD

Third Person's POV

"This is stupid, like really stupid." Barton grumbled as he played around with a combat knife. Stark's eyes followed the movement of the sharp object and tried not to worry about possibly getting stabbed. "I have better things to do than help train SHIELD agents."

"Like what? Read your comic books?" Stark scoffed as he turned on a hologram with his watch. He tapped the floating screens and calibrated his armour which laid dormant at Avenger's tower. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Barton pause and grip the knife in his hand. "Please don't murder me, I'll have you know I quite enjoy living."

"If I wanted to murder you, I would have done it a lot sooner." The blonde remarked and glanced up when a SHIELD agent walked in and told them the exercise would begin soon.

It was relatively simple, to help reinforce and build new skill of existing SHIELD agents, the Avengers minus the Hulk and Thor would combat the agents as a training exercise. It should have been an easy win for SHIELD since there were only four Avengers to take down.

"Hey, the faster you win, the faster this exercise will finish up." Stark said and slid a bar across the screen, Barton was unsure of what the man was doing. The brunette continued to tap and slide components on the holograms before he shut it off. "There, the suit should be ready by now."

"I'm pretty much the weakest one here, so I don't see how me participating makes that big of a difference." Barton muttered as he sheathed his knife, before Stark could make an input the younger man spoke once again. "I think they want us to start, let's go."

[...]

"So what? Are all Avengers really this weak?" A SHIELD agent smirked and pointed the training gun at Barton.

The blonde was on the ground, he wasn't severely injured, just knocked off his feet. In all honesty, at about five minutes in, he already gave up on even trying. Most of his wins in the training exercise were mostly due to luck and not skill.

"Look, quit mocking me and fire the gun will you?" Barton rolled his eyes, he just wanted it to be over. The small group of SHIELD agents shared angered glances around one another, one of them stepped forward and took Barton by the lapels of his jacket then slammed him against the wall.

"What? We're not good enough for you to even try?" The SHIELD agent growled, the blonde let out a heavy sigh.

"No, you're just better. So why don't you fire that gun and show SHIELD that you're better than me?" Barton prompted, desperate to be shot with the mock gun.

"How pathetic. You don't deserve anything that SHIELD's given you, you're just some kid who they felt sorry for." The agent said, Barton narrowed his eyes and remained silent. "They looked passed all of us who are worthier than you. At the end of the day, you possess no skills that they claim you have."

"What did you do to please them?" Another agent grinned, "Surely someone like you can't climb up ranks that quickly even if you are skilled. What? Did you give them your sad orphan story?" Barton glared at them which earnt a laugh. "All bark but no bite."

"Shut up." The blonde snapped, the agents shared a nervous glance. "I really wanted to let you guys win but you just couldn't take it could you?" Barton then slammed his knee against the agent that pinned him against the wall. Then pushed him back into somebody else.

One from his left struck out with a punch, he pulled the man's arm forward and flipped him over towards the ground and brutally punched him against the concrete ground. Then somebody came forward with their gun, he shifted to the right where the body was left unguarded and kicked the man across the head.