Mission

AN: In which you shall be receiving more angst.

"Really? This is our undercover front?" Tony Stark scoffed as he pushed the papers across the table. He leaned back against the leather chair and let out a heavy sigh.

"Sir with all due respect this mission does not require a-" Clint Barton was cut off when his boss stopped him from talking any further. The blonde silenced himself and scowled.

"Stark has access to the black market, if he were to bring somebody with him it needs to be somebody close to him." Nick Fury stated once again, he watched as the two younger men rolled their eyes. "How god damn hard is it to pretend to like each other for a day?"

"I also have to pretend to be married to him!" Barton whined like a child, Stark buried his face into his hands. "I can do this mission by myself, even Stark can do it himself-"

"Hey!" Stark cut in as he caught onto the backhanded comment. The blonde gritted his teeth and kept talking.

"This doesn't require a co-op and neither does it require me being Stark's partner for the day." Barton said, Fury continued to keep a blank look.

"This is final Barton and you know better than to defy orders." Fury said in a passive tone, "I'll leave you two to go over the mission detail yourselves." With that the man turned and walked away from the scene.

"Well guess you'll have to learn to like me babe." Stark said the pet name in a mocking manner. Barton let out another deep breath and collected his thoughts. "Let's just put our differences aside for one day, shall we?"

"If it means we get this done, then yeah we're going to have to." Barton muttered and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Can we talk?"

"Don't bother. Please." The blonde said in a cold yet desperate tone, he turned his back on Stark and started to walk. Stark pursed his lips and tapped his fingers on the table, he could only hope they'll find a way to work with one another.

[2 DAYS LATER]

"You look good." Stark commented as he pulled out his phone from his jacket pocket. The two walked towards the entry and the brunette showed his pass on his mobile device. The guard asked who Barton was to which Tony answered smoothly with, "He's my husband."

The blonde smiled politely and didn't react as Stark took a hold of his hand. The two walked into the crowded black-market auction. Barton had contacts in his eyes that allowed him to scan and receive information much like a computer.

"Do you know everybody here?" Barton asked quietly as the two walked around. There was a stage set up in the middle with a crowd surrounding it.

"I don't go to these things often enough." Stark answered as the two climbed a flight of stairs. "And before you ask, I never buy anything when I do go to black-market auctions."

"So why do you go?" The blonde smirked a little and paused as they reached a satisfactory vantage point.

"Make friends here and there and occasionally report information back." Stark said and watched as the other man scanned the room. "Anything?"

"I can't see the target. He should be around when the auction starts. You know her, don't you?" Barton muttered as he turned his attention away from the crowd.

"Mr Stark what a pleasure to see you here." A voice spoke, the two men turned around and saw a woman dressed rather lavishly. Barton's eyes fluttered slightly as he realised that she was their target.