I Could Have Killed You [ enhanced au !! ]

AN: uwu how about I do enhanced but with an overarching plot this time?

The endingis a bit rushed !! im sorry !!

Third Person's POV

"Clint ..."

His vision was blurred, filled with his blood and tears. He couldn't move, his body numb with pain and shock, so much so that he could barely lift a finger.

"Please."

He moved the last of his strength towards his voice. It was hoarse and could barely pass a whisper, but it was his only hope right now.

"Please stop." He pleaded softly, "You've done enough."

He blinked the mixture of blood and tears away from his sight only to reveal the silhouette of the very man he was trying to stop.

They were visibly shaking with a bloodied knife in their hands; and surrounding said man were mutilated bodies. Blood painted the ceiling and floors making the whole room look like a horror show. This wasn't how he imaged today to go at all.

"Everyone's gone." He tried to pull himself closer to the other man. Each limb felt as if they weighed a thousand pounds. "No one can hurt you anymore ... no one can hurt me anymore."

Clint's heavy breathing was growing more apparent as the time passed.

He wasn't quite sure how to explain it; but even though there wasn't a scratch on the man's body ... Clint seemed to be in pain. He needed to end this fast, for both their sakes. With whatever perseverance he had left, his hand managed to touch the hem of the other man's pants.

The blonde flinched slightly and whipped his head around, his eyes an intense purple rather than his usual blues. The blade in his hand then vanished into thin air and his eyes darted around the room, taking in the massacre.

"Barton!" Another voice suddenly rang out.

They drew their attention towards the hallway to find Steve with a small team behind him. The soldier had his shield brought up and overall seemed wary of his friend.

But considering what Clint had just done, that wasn't surprising.

"I need you to ease up." Steve stated in a calm tone, "Tony's fine and so are you, no one else is here to hurt either of you."

Steve's abilities had always been useful in defusal situations like these. Aside from the advantages he has due to the serum, provided he made eye contact with you, he'd be able to commandeer your every action. Last time they had tested it, the effect lasted an hour subconsciously; which meant even if Steve wasn't in the room, he could still control them remotely. The only way to really deactivate his control was if you knocked him out.

Tony had always thought the ability was fitting for the leader of the Avengers.

Clint groaned softly and pressed his palm against the side of his head. The effect seemed to be working but it had always been harder to utilise on other enhanced humans. Especially ones of Avenger calibre.

The soldier nudged his head and allowed the team behind him to move in towards Tony. They immediately checked on his wounds and out of the corner of his eyes he saw Steve approach Clint.

"Hey." Rogers whispered and tried to get a better look at his friend, "You good?"

"I-" Clint trailed off and glanced upwards "What did I do?"

Steve shook his head, "Let's talk on the plane, for now let's get Tony out of here."

LATER THAT DAY