part twenty four

" So? " , Sonara finished her coffee and stared at Jai.

Jai was yet to finish, munching some nachos, he smiled.

" Would be fun to watch you midair again, but unfortunately it's seven thirty. "

" Fine, you have pulled my legs enough with the same stuff. I'm here to know what makes you upset. "

" Errm..... "

" Ohh. I guess, an illiterate woman belonging to the worst religion you know of, cannot solve your problems much, right? " , Sonara said after a long time, realising, Jai wasn't much ready to open up.

Jai smirked.

" Fine, catching the trail of your thoughts, why doesn't a smart woman as you are, feel like getting to study, now? The government has got a huge lot of schemes for adult education. "

Sonara shoved in the seat, uncomfortably.
" Not that I don't feel like, but I don't get the time. Running after a living was all I could do since I escaped marriage.
But I have already decided, when Humaira will start school, I will too. "

Jai slowly nodded his head in admission.

" So, I'm here for nothing. Right? " , Sonara was now evidently displeased.

" I don't understand what to share, Sonara. I'm such a confused human! I don't even know if I should continue a relationship, even after being cleared on my part of infidelity. I don't know if I am unnecessarily playing with a woman's emotions, when I cannot make her happy at the end of the day..... "
Jai hit the table with his fist.

Sonara stared for sometime.
" And she loves you. But you don't know if you do. "

" Exactly. " , Jai squeezed his brows.

" Do you feel extremely comfortable with her? "

" More than that I'm afraid not to hurt her these days, when around. "

" Do you visit her every now and then? "

" I definitely want to, but sometimes can't, get caught in awkward jobs, and end up hurting her. "

" You want to, isn't that enough? "

" Yes...... I guess.... "

" Do you know, if you really want, you'll find a way? "

" Errm... What do you mean? "

" Let it go.
Do you fight with her? "

" No. She's very reserved, and keeps her sadness to herself. "

" And you? "

" Whom will I fight with, when she doesn't? "

" Do you plan to marry her? "

" I.... Don't know... "

" Wow. Do you know how her day goes? "

" Ohh yeah, I call her sometimes. "

" How did it go today, till now? "

" Today I... Didn't get to talk to her actually.... "

" Do your parents like her? "

" Honestly not much.... Dad does, but Maya and Mom doesn't... "

" Do you fight for her with them? "

" There hasn't been a situation till date. "

" Did you ever close your eyes and find her the first to strike your brain? "