agar tum saath ho...

part ninety three

Sonara waited patiently till Ayaan exited the quarters, for the academy.

She checked the watch, it was 10:30 .

Jai.....must have reached the academy by now.....
At least, he should have, unless he was unwilling to face Ayaan for the time being....

However, Sonara did not feel so.. She still had complete faith on his abilities...even more now, witnessing how endearingly he had raised a baby who was not even his blood...

Placed beside the intercom was a stand on which was inscribed various contact numbers. One of which lead to the Dean's office. Sonara held her breath for sometime, and just as she was about to pick up the receiver to dial, the phone began ringing....

Sonara shivered.

However, without giving her..time enough to judge, her instincts answered the call.

" Hello... " , her voice trembled a bit.

Silence prevailed.

Sonara's heart paced to peaks, as if, she just knew who it was on the other side..

Gathering all her strength, and withholding the impending tears..she spoke again..after a moment..

" Jai...?  "

A huge sigh escaped on the other side..

Following which ...his baritone echoed through the strings of her heart..

" Sona...

Coming over to your place.

It's time, we talk. "

Sonara immediately let out a hiccup, that channelled the gust of emotions out of her soul. Then, containing herself with effort, only managed to say...

" Hmm... "

Dropping the receiver, she ran and fetched the suitcase.
Placing it on the bed, while not really controlling the tears that trickled down her cheeks, she pulled out the best saree she had got.

A light blue taant, soft, and of his favourite color.

Wounding it around in no time, she tied her hair in a braid.
And stood staring at herself in the mirror.

She questioned the reflection..

What exactly are you feeling Sonara? 
Do you have an explanation?
Or a correct description?

She heavily nodded a no.
Than said,
" I'm tired...
I just want to hug him..
And lay on his chest...
Forever now.... "

The door bell was ringing.

Almost as if, striking a hammer on her chest.

She stood still, for a long time.

The emotions that bubbled in her heart, confiscated her mind, paralysing her body for moments together. Then, as if regaining consciousness, she slowly took baby steps towards the door...