part ninety seven

" Humaira.... " , Sonara spoke softly.

Jai slowly settled beside his daughter.
The later was still having hiccups..however, she looked calm, and remained silent otherwise.

Jai looked at her. She stared at the ground.

" Humaira....

I know, the resentment you have against me in your heart over the last eighteen years... is something that might not be so easy to get rid of.

But, I'll try. And will keep trying until you give in. Because, above and beyond everything, I'm still your mother, however irresponsible I might have been to you... " , Sonara spoke in her beautiful voice, so polite, as if she was careful the words did not strike any wrong cord that led Humaira's heart to bleed..

Her daughter, didn't react though. She sat like a doll, still not really out of the shock, while Jai hardly initiated any process to pacify her too. He was himself seated silently, passing over the entire responsibility to Sonara now.

" Humaira....

I know, I might have done things differently enough...than to leave your Dadda..

But trust me, with the decision I took, none of us have been at peace for the last eighteen years...

Yet, my mind and heart had coordinated, and instructed me in a way, that day, I didn't have the strength to deny.

I don't want to justify myself and I know you don't need that too...

All I can say is....at this point of time, don't judge your Dadda's love for you...

It's beyond measures.

The first time we had met, he had offered a lift to me only because it was raining and you were in my arms..

Thereafter, till the day we were together, he had protected you like only a father would.

That...was the sole reason I had left you with him, Humaira!

Because, I had no idea what was coming to me, after letting him go, but I wanted a future that was the best, the most secure for you, and that was only in his arms...

Also, your remaining close to him.. could keep reminding him of me, however long I took to return...

I had these selfish thoughts in my mind too...because letting go off him was not easy, not at all.

I know, you don't need to really be explained regarding his love for you.

Because he loved you so much, do you love him insanely. And that love will forever remain undivided, Humaira.... "

Humaira shut her eyes tight, drops trickling down her porcelain cheeks.

Jai gulped nothing in particular.

Sonara clutched her palm.

" For the love you have for your father, for the love he has for you, give us another chance Humaira...

We have passed through the gravest tests. You and Ayaan are the last hurdles we would want..

Anyway, I'm not barging into his life before you accept me back, accept your brother... I just want a second chance, to redeem the mistake I had committed in your eyes....

Could you please give us that?

Your Dadda, needs me....like he needs you.....you, even more, trust me.
However, if you cover eighty percentage of his life, I unfortunately am still a twenty....