part forty six

Som always felt kinda awkward visiting the Raichand Mansion. Mostly because of Maya Raichand's instinctive dislike towards him. He hardly understood the woman. How gracefully she helped Sonara, and on the other hand, is unhappy with the unequal friendship between him and her brother. Som was literally afraid of such contradictory characters.

Anyways, he rang the bell.

The door opened within no time. And he was welcomed in by a maid.
He walked in and his footsteps stopped as he found Maya sitting on the settee next to the door, having tea.

She raised her eyes, and surprisingly, smiled.

" Good afternoon Som!
I've been thinking of you. "

What??

Som slowly walked towards her and settled on the sofa before.

" Err... Oh... That's a surprise.
I actually, was a bit busy and, Sonara's phone is dead for days. Couldn't ask Jai things because he might be terribly upset, and didn't really find the gut to call you personally... ", Som uttered together and stopped.

Maya smiled wider.

" Jai ain't upset anymore. In fact he's found a tremendous solution to the matter. That supervisor has been fired, since Rangruchi took over the soap factory. "

" Oh my god! That was ultimate! You are such a brain madam! "

" This time it's Jai. "

" Seriously? 

Well, that's an eye opener regarding his business potentials.

Anyways, is Sonara here or shifted back? "

" Sonara won't shift. "
Maya sounded very confident.
" .... I mean, not until things go alright completely. "

" Yeah, that's better. Also uncle isn't here now. If Jai is good, no one will create a problem for the time being. "

Maya stared at the ground, deeply lost in thoughts.
After a while she looked up.

" Jai has taken Sonara and Humaira out. I don't know when he'll be back. You might call him and know. "

As Som walked out of the mansion with his bike, a kind of sadness gripped his heart.

Jai was too....instinctive. Too easily influenced.

In spending time with new people, making them feel good, he forgot Bhoomi's birthday as a whole. Completely.

Not worth it. Not at all.

____

" I didn't forget her birthday. Just that I didn't feel like wishing her. " , Jai coughed.

Though they had planned to get back home from the ice-cream parlor, Jai insisted they spend sometime beside the sea. The rain had stopped sometime back. They didn't feel like flying in the evening.

But the sea beckoned him suddenly. It was a long time since he had seated beside such vastness.
Sonara gave in as well, smiling.

" When I came to know that they, Som and Bhoomi have decided to spend the special day of hers together, not even for once asking me to join in, suddenly as if striking me off from the friendship, I was terribly shaken.

That's when it didn't even occur to me that I should wish her at all. "

" Hmm...

Which means you were about to wish her in the middle of the day, when Som had already started celebrating it with her.