part one

No.

It didn't help.
The wiper blades didn't just help a penny because the windshield in front looked like a pool of flowing water.

" Damn! " , Jai screeched stop his Sedan. He definitely had to. He knew the roads quite well, literally extremely well to even park the car at the sides of the almost empty roads covered by canopy, even though he could absolutely see nothing.

" Jesus! What have you got me into? It's already eleven! " , he checked his phone.

" No missed calls? How even? " , he dialed a number.

" Hello mom, mom I'm terribly stuck in the rain. I'll try reaching home as soon as possible. Don't worry. Yeah.. Yeah, and don't wait, neither make the servants do that. I have the keys. Go upstairs. Have you taken the antihypertensive? Good girl. I'll be there, bye..bye.. "

He cut the call and sat locked inside the car, with the world melting down outside.

" Music? Thop!" , he connected his iPad to the stereo and closed his eyes, pushing the seat down.

A knock or two on the window pane.

Jai shot his eyes open. Who the hell could be outside in this devastation?

He slowly slided the glass down.

The world outside looked translucent. He could somehow make out who knocked though.

A woman.
And a bundle in her arms.
Drenched to bone.

" I... I...I need help Sir! My umbrella just everted and broke into pieces. I find nowhere to stand, the shades don't help at all. My house is nearby, but if I walk a second more, my child will die from pneumonia. Sir, please help me. I beg of you! "
The rain was cutting her words.

Jai wanted to hesitate, but the bundle being a child didn't allow him to. Although, how could he possibly help when he himself couldn't drive?
Probably just a shelter till the rain stopped.

" Come to the other side. "

He opened the door to the seat next to him.

The lady quickly got in and took seat.

A worn out lean lady, terribly wet. The child in her arms was wrapped like an article, but it still didn't help.

Jai stretched his hand to pull out a towel from the backseat.

" You might like to dry a bit. " , he handed.

The lady was nearly her age, definitely not doing well to make ends meet, but had a pale glow on her terribly wet face. She however first tried to dry her baby. Jai watched the process.

" A girl? " , Jai wanted to ask. Instead he coughed.

" Ma'am, I myself am stuck. I cannot drive in this rain. We can wait for the timebeing till it stops, then you can go your way, I can go mine. "
He definitely didn't want to entertain a stranger at all.

The lady stopped wiping, and stared fixedly at Jai.

Making him uncomfortable.

" Err... ", Jai didn't complete but stared back.

" I'll guide you down to my home sir. Just start the car and go straight along the sides for ten minutes exactly. We'll reach home. "

Stubborn enough. But who cared.

" I'm sorry. I cannot. " , Jai replied back indifferently.

" My baby takes dinner at nine. I'm already running two hours late owing to this calamity. No longer, I beg. "