part eighty six

Maya Raichand Khan stood at the window of her huge bedroom, staring at the rains in June.

She was having slight fevers since yesterday, so she had decided upon staying at home. Also, she had accepted the challenge of creating a 3D model for her 14 year old son...in just a day.

Their 4bhk apartment in Parla East was designed personally by herself, with every detailing. And she loved the outcome.

The master bedroom had a glass wall that constantly poured waters like a fall, and it soothed her soul to the truest extent.

Rangruchi was no more, instead, it had been recreated as Saawariya Fashions, the 3rd most sought after International brand across the globe.

The company was owned by the power couple, as they were called in the industry, Maya Raichand Khan, and Farhan Khan.

Last month, the wedding dress of the top notched Hollywood actress Viviana Christian was designed by them... and had received several accolades. While most of the high profile Indian weddings chose only them, this was something huge.

A pair of hands covered her eyes from behind.
She jerked and turned..

" Grow up Farhan! You are forty seven, not twenty seven that you surprise your girlfriend with a blindfold! " , Maya complained, with a ear to ear smile.

Farhan shrugged.
" I'm forever seventeen. Pity you, oldie!! " , he grinned and crashed on the couch.

" Shut up!!!!! I'm yet to strike menopause. So.. don't call me old!! " , Maya crashed beside him.

" That I do realise, by the vigour you display in the nights. " , Farhan winked. Maya slapped him on the head.

" Shameless. " , she murmured.

" Maya. Food.
I've tonnes of rats dancing in my stomach. Can't you just offer your tired husband food, when he comes home early? " , he made puppy eyes.

" Of course. " , Maya twisted her lips.
" My farmer husband was ploughing in the field throughout the day. How do I forget that? Why the hell do I imagine him sitting in chilled rooms with thousands of food options a phone call away? I'm an idiot. "

Farhan ducked his little tongue out and giggled.
" Anyways, Maya. The meeting turned out miraculous and dramatic.
They are willing to promote our brand at the FIFA World Cups...and.. "

" I'll listen to it all. First you freshen up. We can talk over snacks. "

Maya and Farhan sat over tea at their balcony. Munching chicken nuggets, he noticed his wife a bit detached even after the huge deal they had cracked.

" What's wrong baby? " , he asked.

Maya pressed her lips.
" Last night, in the party, something was not okay between Jai and Humaira. "

Farhan nodded.
" Ohhh....yeahh!
How did I forget talking about that?
They weren't exchanging words. And Humaira looked somewhat upset. "

Maya let out a sigh.
" I'm so proud of my little brother. Handling a daughter's mood swings alone, is not a cakewalk. "

" Jai is something else. I so look forward to him, you know!
The boy has earned all my heart over the last eighteen years.
Most importantly, I feel his pain.
I'm sure, we both do. To the truest form. " , Farhan said. Scratching his beard.

Maya nodded in agreement.
" Sometimes..... I feel so guilty.....for having answered the last call she had made to him.
I can't help but believe, talking to him might have not let her make such a drastic decision.... "