part seventy three

" Calm down Maya!! Why are you behaving like a maniac?? " , Farhan shouted.

Maya shivered, but her eyes continued pouring.

" You don't know my dad. He has threatened me that I'll be kept under house arrest....and he'll arrange for my exams from home, if I don't break up with you today. "

" That bastard Khurana!! I always told you he's a threat, but all you did was shut me up!! " , Farhan murmured.

" I never knew he'd do this, or he's this much involved into my life without me knowing the extent!! " , Maya sobbed.

Farhan placed his hand on her cheek.
" Maya, our finals start in a month. We'll graduate soon. And as soon as we do, both of us will start jobs, and complete MBA alongside as well. We had planned all these, isn't it? "

" Yes we had, but....
You really don't know my dad, Farhan. He'll never accept our relationship. Whatever we do or however successful we both are in life. His problem lies only in your religion. Nothing else!!! " , Maya's lips curved in pain.

" Okay. Fine. What do you want to do right now? End this? Like your father wants? " , Farhan said.

" No!!!!!
For god's sake, I cannot afford to lose you till I'm alive.
Trust me...... " , Maya broke down completely.

" Maya!! This is not you!! What's wrong with you?? You are my strong warrior!  " , Farhan cupped her face.

" I'm not strong anymore. I'm the weakest before you Farhan. I cannot lose you Farhan... For god's sake, I cannot lose you.... " , she was getting hiccups.

Farhan hugged her as tightly as he could.

" Maya. Go home. Tell your father it's over between us, only if he asks.
Remain in touch with me. At around 6:30 pm, there's an extremely auspicious moment.
I'll text you. Come out of your house by any means. Meanwhile I'll talk to Ammi.
We'll read Nikah at Mallick Bazaar dargah today.

Done? "

" Farhan..... " , Maya's voice choked.

Farhan held her close to his chest.

" Shh... I love you. We will win. "

_____

Raghav Raichand sat in the living room, gulping in bunches of liquor.

Siddhi Raichand sat at a distance. Her chest felt heavy, her brain on the verge of exploding. She swallowed a pain killer. And cursed her life.

Raghav made a disgusted face and checked the watch. It was four, and Maya wasn't home yet.

He suddenly threw the glass on the ground, shattering it to pieces. Siddhi let out a shriek.

" Kill me, someone kill me instead!!
I'm a complete failure as a father, and my daughter, my dearest daughter did not take a second to prove that!!

Siddhi, can you tell me, what have I not done for her? 

Yet, she could not fulfil the tiniest desire of her father!!!! 

7 billion people on earth, and she found a Muslim to love!!! 

Not her fault, everything's mine. I should die instead. "

Like a maniac he hovered onto a broken piece of glass.
Siddhi ran over like a lightning flash and threw the piece away.

" Raghav!!! Are you out of your mind???? What are you doing even??? " , she screamed.