one number away

Toni topaz
02
(One number away)
Next day......

I walk into the blue and gold room with my camera around my neck. I shut the door behind me causing a boy to look up from his laptop. He had green eyes with dark brown hair he was pale and kind of skinny. His hair was in a gray beanie as he wore a black and gray plaid long-sleeved shirt, with a black t-shirt underneath. She stands up sliding out of his chair.

"Can I help you?" He asks his voice a little raspy. "Yeah, I'm a new student here, toni topaz," I say extending my hand for him to shake. He does and offers a small smile "jughead jones you want to help out with the blue and gold." He asks confused. "Is it shocking?" I say letting go of his hands. "No no, well kinda most of the girls wanna be a cheerleader." He admits scratching his neck. "Well, I'm not most girls jones," I say with a sly smirk. He chuckles "I see that." He motions for me to come over to his laptop. "This is what I'm working on now." It was an article about a man shutting down southside high. His writing was surprisingly amazing. "You wrote this?" I say shocked. Is it shocking?" He mocks my earlier comment. "No no, I mean kinda." I grin he rolls his eyes playfully.

"So you're from the southside huh?" I say leaning against his desk. "Yeah, I'm part of a gang." He says buzzing me to hold back a laugh. He gasps offended. "I am in a gang!" He says pushing my shoulder. "Is Elmo happen to be in this gang?" I tease. He rolls his eyes, "they're called the southside serpents ." He picks up a leather jacket that was on the back of his chair. Jughead shows me the logo. "Wow wouldn't have expected it," I admit standing up straight now. His fine beeps and he takes it out of his pocket. "I've gotta run but we can talk later," Jughead says shutting his laptop sliding it into his backpack. "Meet me outside after school it'll be the only motorcycle outside," he says but I put up two fingers. "You mean the second motorcycle outside." I correct. "Huh?" I chuckle. "I drive a motorcycle dweeb." He grins before putting on his jacket and bookbag. "Later topaz." He says leaving.

~~~

I left the second period heading for my locker. I open it and pull out my science notebook. "So are we on for tonight babe." I hear his annoying voice again it was the boy that peer pressure, Cheryl, the other day. "Um, I can't worry I got plans." She says clearly lying. "With who I hear his fist hit the locker. I shut my locker and turn to the couple. "With me, we're partners in history for an assignment. " I lie with a smile. He practically undresses me with his eyes. "Since she's with such a gorgeous lady as yourself it's all fine." He says before winking and leaving.

"You just won't stop saving my ass will you?" She says turning to face me. She was in a short black skirt with a red long-sleeved shirt. A black choker around her neck. Long red hair tossed over one of her shoulders. Her lips full and coated in red lipstick. She was perfect in my eyes at least.

"Can't help myself," I say with a smirk. I then look into her dark brown eyes and bite my lip. "He always that aggressive," I say looking at her with sad eyes. "Not always sometimes he's horny." She shrugs. I snort at the comment. "He's a real keeper," I say sarcastically. "Mmm any whom what are you doing tonight." She asks looking me up and down. She happens to do this a lot. "Tonight I'm chilling with jughead, why?" Her face cringes. "Ew jugheads a hobo," she says with a scrunched nose. "And that boy is a jerk. " I say before getting back on topic. "So you never answered my question. " I inform. "Oh right, well I was going to offer I milkshake at pops as a thankyou." She says. "Don't know what or where that is but tell you what. I take a blue pen out of my jeans and gently grab her arm. I roll up her sleeve and begin to write. I click the pen and slide it back in my jeans. I roll back down her sleave.

"I've gotta run princess catch you later." I say before leaving.

Cheryl blossom

I roll my sleeve back up once she leaves and read what she wrote.

-345 8902
I'm only one call away
-toni

I bite my lip before rolling my sleeve back down and heading the gym. I walk into the girl's locker room and head to my locker which was between betty's and veronica's. Betty wasn't heard today do to her and Reggi skipping again. I open my locker and pull out my gym clothes. I slide down my skirt and put on the short vixen gym shorts. I take off my shirt and my arms quickly snatched. "Oh. My. God." Veronica says excitedly. I look at the girl who just in her bra. "What?" I say with a raised brow. "She gave you her number!" She says excitedly. I blush and pull my arm away.

"Doesn't matter," I say putting on the gym shirt. "Kind of does. I aksed her like ten times she said no like ten times anyways if your not gonna use it let me. " she says throwing her shirt on. "No way!" I say taking off my shoes. "Why not?" She ask sounding hurt. "Ron ron you know I love you bestie," I slip on my gym shoes. "But she's mine." I smirk before leaving.

~~~~~

Later that night I put her number in my phone with the biggest smile on my face.