picture perfect

Toni Topaz
03
(Picture perfect)
Next day......

I sigh as I walk to my locker it seems like I have the weirdest conversations here. I open it up putting away all of my stuff. "Toni! To me! God, there you are." Jughead screams running up to me. I turn to face him shutting the yellow locker. "Yes?" I question the panting boy. "I've been looking for you all day!" He says shaking my shoulders. "The first period hasn't even started yet?" I say removing his hands from my shoulders. "Well yeah but still, I need your help with the next issue of blue and gold." My face lights up, "I'm listening." "Well, I saw you had a camera the other day and I just wanted to make sure you could take decent pictures." I nod before unlocking my locker and pulling out some of the photos I stashed there.

I hand him the photos which he looks them through a lip between his teeth. "These are amazingly tiny." He says with a smile on his face. "They're decent." I correct him taking the photos back. "No Archie Andrews singing is decent you, you're like an amazing photographer." I furrow my eyebrows. "Who's Archie Andrews?" I ask confused. "Schools QB, dates Cheryl blossom, thinks he can sing, ring a bell?" I nod my head yes. So that's his name Archie Andrews huh? Even his name sounds like a douche bag.

"Anyway, I need you to go down to the sweetwater river and take some pictures of it. We're doing a segment on the river and how it's one of the most beautiful ones in the whole state." I nod my head. "Same place you showed me yesterday?" I ask shutting my locker. "Yeah." Yesterday after school jughead showed me around town the old drive-in movie, that pops place with the milkshakes, the southside, and the river. "Okay well, I'll do that later on today. " I tell him before he bumps shoulder then leaves. I roll my eyes before walking to the first period.

~~~
I sit down in a seat when two girls stand right in front of my desk. "How may I help you?" I say with my signature smirk. One of the girls had shoulder-length raven-colored hair with brown eyes. She looked, Latina. The other was blonde with blue eyes. The Latina wore a black short dress with a white belt. The other girl wore a sweater with blue jeans. "Toni Topaz is it." The Latina says tracing her fingers along with my desk. "The one and only, "I say to them. "I'm veronica lodge and this is betty cooper." She introduces the two. I raise an eyebrow. "Um, nice to meet you?" I question awkwardly. "Mhm, so I've heard some about you via Reggie," Betty says staring me up and down without the desk getting in the way. "The guy who tried to closet fuck me? He's a real charmer" I say sarcastically.

"Yeah, he told me that you have an interest in girls." I tilt my head and furrow my eyebrows. "And so I do, this doesn't concern you, babe," I inform her. "We know we just wanted to see if he wasn't lying," Veronica speaks up. "Well I'm bisexual prefer girls but I'm bisexual," I tell the duo. "Me too," Veronica says with a weird smile. I nod "class takes your seats." The teacher calls making the two girls leave.

~~~~

Cheryl blossom

"So blossom you free tonight." A voice I've learned to cherish calls out to me from behind. I turn to face her. She was in a loonie toons t-shirt tucked into a pair of worn-out jeans, with black converses. Her hair is a black bandanna. She looked amazing but I'm pretty sure she always does. "I am. Why?" I mimic her question yesterday. "Well I've gotta go take pictures of the river, so I wanted to know if you wanna tag along maybe grab a milkshake?" She asks me staring at my eyes. God, not even Archie looks me in the eyes. His eyes normally find there way somewhere else.