Sparks of Spectulation

After a while, I grew a bit weary and soon found out why.

"Mir-ahhhhhhhh." My stomach growled the ah sound of her name, which embarrassed me. I quickly covered my mouth. "I am so sorry." She just smiled brightly at me.
"You must be hungry. I'm sorry, I lost track of the time and didn't realize that it was past lunch time already."
"No big."
"What would you like for lunch?"

My face turned a little redder. "Chinese?"
"Again?" She laughed.
"Well, I didn't finish my meal from last time, so of we just found a good deli with a microwave-."
"Oh no no no. Absolutely not. Leona, when you're with me, you're bound to get spoiled. Fresh food for you will always be my motto."

If she weren't in the position that she was against me, I would ask myself if this could be my best friend. Food is everything. ♡

"Aw, Mira. It's not necessary."
"That's the rule. Today we came out here because of me. In the process of that, I am also to spoil you. A fifty-fifty agreement. Okay?" I nodded with a smile. She gives me a burden to so light that it almost seems bearable. Even if she is my husband's.. I mean.. HER husband's..

Ugh

What the fuck is she?

~

The rest of our time was spent at lunch, chatting away when she suddenly got a phone call.

"Ugh. I'm so sorry. I gotta take this. It's Hoseok."
"It's fine. Go ahead."
"Thank you." She answered her phone, starting out with the phrase, "Hey babe. What's up?" It hurt a lot more than I had anticipated.

He was supposed to be my.. Friend.. My best friend.. Which he can be. I'm fine. I'm good. I'm good.

I decided to go to the bathroom to clean up and clear my head for a bit. When I got in there, I realized that Mira was in there talking on the phone in another stall.

"Hey, babe, babe. Calm down. Everything's gonna be okay. Don't kill anybody before the wedding. You don't wanna be locked up before the wedding, right?" She laughed.

Hoseok' s not violent.. Nor has he ever joked like that.. Just how much has he changed?

"No. No, Sehun, listen to me."

SEHUN?

"You cannot start feaking out now. All the stalks will be fine. You'll see. And even if they're not, so what? I'll still love you."

Is this chick cheating on him?

"Everything's fine. I'm just out here with Leona like I said. Yeah, she's enjoying herself the best she can.. I wish I could cheer her up.."

Talk about perfection.. Why am I even listening to this?

"Well, I don't know what time I'll be back. If she wants to go home, then she can."

I should probably leave before she gets out the stall.

I quickly unlocked my stall and rushed out when I heard her stall opening.

Dammit! Dammit! My hands! Okay okay.. Just.. calmly walk back in there to wash your hands..

"Oh, hey Leona." She beamed. The sun always seemed to radiate itself from her skin. She was that bright..
"Oh, uh.. Hey Mira." I smiled back as I reached for the soap. She said nothing for what seemed like the next five minutes as I began to panic to myself.
"Leona, are you okay?"
"Oh-uh. Yeah. I'm fine. Just a lot on my mind, that's all."
"Is it the fluttering feeling of trying on wedding dresses for the first time?" I couldn't answer her. Instead, I sighed a delicate smile that could be demarcated from her radiantly glowing one. That's how dim I was..

It was painfully obvious..

"It's just a lot on my plate hitting me all at once, I guess." I laughed as if unstable.
"Well, if it's not too much to ask, how can I help?"
"Oh no no no. You've done too much already and plus, this is my mess, so-." There was a woman that came into the restroom, reminding me that we were in a public place and therefore not alone to talk freely. "Lets talk about thus somewhere else." I hinted and she nodded.

Back at the table, Mira and I ate in silence for a bit before Mira asked me a question. "Leona?" I looked up at her, still chewing my shrimp fried rice. "Do you think it would be too much to ask if you would like to be my maid of honor?" My eyes widened. I quickly tried to swallow my food to answer when a piece of rice went down the wrong pipe.

Choking, I tried to regain control with my lemonade. "I thought you'd want to give this type of role to your big sister or something? Don't you have any siblings?"

Eating my words again, I quickly regretted my choices of today.

"We don't exactly get on the best like me and you do. Plus, we've been bonding and getting along so well, I figured that you might as well just take the title too." I mentally nodded.

Well, she does drag me around a lot..

"I mean, you're already performing the duties of a good Maid of honor.. So why not?"
"Let me think about it a bit." She nodded. Pretty soon, we were in the car. Me, being me, I was overwhelmed with all of the things we had done and had happened today. I was just overly excited to see my bed, althewhile feeling as if there were a sword that was lodged in my chest.

"So, will you be my maid of honor?" I couldn't speak. Why am I so speechless today?
"Mira.. Can-c-can I sleep on this for a bit before I give you my answer?"
"Oh, no problem. I don't mind. Take as long as you'd like." She smiled before I nodded, opening the door.

Once I had closed the door, it felt like the whole world had caved in - all at once.

I had slowly begun to fall apart.