Present Day

When I left to study abroad, I stayed for quite a long time. 20 was my age when I left and 22 was the age I returned to when leaving my new life to return to my old one. I hadn't the slighted clue why I was coming back since seeing the world was my dream, but I found that nothing was as great as I had imagined without..

I allowed myself to wonder about everything which might've gotten the better of me at certain moments.. or almost, I should say..

~

Coming to the reality that the plane had landed was the least reddening part of the trip back. I knew exactly what I was here for, but I had no idea why I would come all this way for a funeral. Even if it were my mother's..

Crumbling and cramping my mind with endless questions, I took a taxi to my sister's house for the weekend. Everything went as cliche as it should be:

+Open arms
+Lots of food being made
+Plenty of work to be done
+A living room and bedroom to stay up and catch up in..

All this occurred, but I couldn't help but to still feel a bit empty. As usual, I shruged it off.. until..

RING RING..

RING RING..

CALLER ID: JUNG HOSEOK.

My eyes widened..

"W-who?" I didn't mean to blurt out my question, but I couldn't even control how my stomach quivered at the name. "Hoseok. You know. Your-." "No, actually, we're not together." She paused and nodded before answering the phone.

"Hey Hoseok.. Everything's fine.. Yes.. Yes.. Great!.. Well good. I'll leave it open for you.. Alrighty then.. Bye."

I continued to fiddle with the music channel on her television and tried to keep myself composed. "Need any help?" "Not really. But could you help me finish cutting those onions while I go use the bathroom?" "Sure." I hopped up and went into the kitchen. As soon as I picked up the knife, she hollered, "AND WASH YOUR HANDS!"

I laughed as I did so before picking up the knife again to begin cutting the other half of the onion. She only had a couple more to cut, so I figured that I'd finish them for her. Once she had gotten out, there was a knock at the door. "Thanks sis." "No problem." I said as I continued cutting. I heard her mumbling and then say, "You can just set it down on the table in the kitchen." Pushing the hair back behind my ear, I caught a glimpse of the figure of a man..

A figure that I had, somehow, recognized.. I quickly pulled my hair back in my face before he could turn around and see my face. "Yeah, that's good right there. Thanks Hoseok." "No problem.." His voice seemed to get softer once I felt his gaze on my body. "Oh and I meant to tell you, but guess who's back!" "Leona.." I couldn't freeze, the pressure of his lingering eyes only pressed me to cut harder and faster which only caused..

"AH SHIT!"

A tragedy.. I lept back and inspected my finger before rushing to the bathroom to put it under running water. "Ugggggh!" I scolded myself internally as I searched for bandaids. As edpected, they were in the cabinet. Once on, I looked up to see the reflection of the face I hoped to never see..

Again..

"Hey.. Leona.. You okay?" He said. I nodded, maybe too many times because of his handsome features before regaining control of my eyes and head. "Y-yeah. Yeah. I-. I'm fine." I looked back down and turned around. "I'm glad to see you back. Safely.." he breathed a sigh of relief with a smile, genuinely fighting off the urge to let it all out and..

Do whatever..

In my sister's house..

Regardless of the situation, my only focus was on keeping composure when around Him. "Well.. It was nice talking to you." I nodded and forcibly held back the aggressive smile and only let the small one show.
"Yeah." He grinned as he looked at me once more. "You look beautiful." "Thanks." I said as I attempted to make my exit from the scene. I was only stopped by his hand that grabbed a hold of my wrist. "Hey." I turned to look at him. "I Love You." My heart felt as if it had been ripped out with no anesthetics and my lungs seemed to be filled with no air as I choked out, "See you tomorrow." With a pat on his hand.