The Dress of Inspiration

I sent a text to Leona when I woke up early the next day.

Me: Goodmorning!♡♡
        Hope you're well-rested and ready for your surprises for the day!

♡Le♡Na♡: Surprises?

♡Le♡Na♡ is typing..

Me: opps. Did I put Surprises by accident? 😇
       Forgive me, love.
       Dress very light and comfortable for today!
       Can't wait to see you! I'll be by your place in a few!

♡Le♡Na♡: Is there a specific time?
                        Mira?
                        Hellooooi?

•Leona•

With a sigh, I dug my face deeper into the pillow for a moment before finding myself being jolted awake by loud sound. And then another followed after that. Her number flashed across my screen and I flew off of my bed, panicked.

"Oh my gosh, Mira, I'm so sorry! I just woke up! After our text messages, I turned back over and fell asleep, but I didn't mean to! I'm so so-!"
"Leona! It's okay! Just come open the door. I'll wait for you." She giggled before hanging up. I immediately rushed down the stairs to unlock the door, but took a deep breath before answering.
"Mira, I am so sorry. Please have a seat on the couch. Sorry for the mess. I promise I won't take long.
"Oh, Take as long as you like. I don't mind waiting for you." A chill was sent down my spine at her words. They seemed as if they had come straight from Hoseok.

I mi- um, need to get dressed.

After a brief moment of freshening up and throwing on a sweatsuit, I came back downstairs to a peeping Jun spying on Mira. "Ugh. Jun, get a life." I said as I passed him up. He quickly pulled me back to be up against him.
"Aw, no good morning kiss from the jealous baby?" He grinned.
"Ew." I cringed. He chuckled before kissing my forhead.
I dashed away from him as he shouted, "hurry back!"

In the car, I took my seat with a sigh as I shook my head before looking over at Mira. "What was that about?" She grinned. I just sighed and shook my head as I leaned back some more in my seat. "Is that Jun?"
"Yes.." I sighed as though I had breathed out a burden. Mira's laugh followed, reminding me of Hoseok.

How am I supposed to get through the day like this?

Our arrival at the bridal shop surprised me, only because I was the only one there. "Leona, you look so confused."
"I just.. was wondering.. Am I the only one here for you?" Her smile only grew.
"Yes, Leona. For today, you are my entourage."

Is she an orphan?

We made our way to our spots and I watched in torment as Mira tried on dress after dress, not finding that wow-factor. When we had hit dress number five, or whatever, I had gathered up enough courage to ask Mira the question. "Mira?"
"Hm?"
"Don't you have any family or sisters that could possibly do this with you instead of.. me?" She turned towards me, instantly making me regret my choice of words.

Perhaps I should've thought this through more..

"Not that I don't like it. It's.. It fun, truly. But.. don't you think that this should be some sort of bonding experience between you and your sisters?" She glanced at me before glancing around the building and letting out a huge puff of air.
"Whoo! I'm tired. Here, try the next few on for me. You'll probably look more stunning than I do." Then she paused. "Actually.. Choose a dress that you absolutely love. I don't care what price range it is. I need inspiration."

She ushered me into the back room where they held the dresses and dressing room where we switched roles.

This feels so awkward since I'm not even getting married! Especially since I'm in a robe out in public!

With a sigh, I began to give them a rundown of the ideas that I wanted in a dress while Mira went back out to chill in the waiting room.
"What would you like, sweetheart?"
"Well I.. I'm really into medieval style dresses with long sleeves that drape downwards and flare open like bell bottoms but are snug from the elbow up. Fitted bodice, square neckline or sweeheart. Absolutely no sleeveless or strapless. I also would like the bottom to be a little princess-y. A bit of flair but not too much. Color can be good too." I glanced at the person I was talking to and sighed. "I'm asking for too much. I'll just settle for long sleeves, something that shows a bit of cleavage but not too much and absolutely nothing to do with strapless or anything like that."

The lady brightened up right away saying, "My apologies. I do believe that we have something that you might like." After what seemed like forever, she came back with five dresses. I decided to go with the one that fit the description the most. Walking out, Mira's face brightened up upon seeing me.
"Oh my gosh, Leona! You look so gorgeous! I love it!"
"Thanks Mira. I really like it too."

"But?"
"But something's missing.."
"What do you want in a dress?"

I told her what I wanted and she translated the information to the worker whom immediately apologized for the inconvenience. Mira took a picture of me before I had to go back to the dressing room.

Moments later, I came back out in a dress that was only missing one small detail that I wanted but was otherwise perfect for me! Mira nodded as she began to tear up.
"You look so gorgeous!" And then began to take off her ring. "Here. Get married for me!" And we laughed. "What's wrong?"
"What?"
"You just stopped smiling and you started looking as if-."
"Oh no no no, Mira. Remember what I said about my face? It's just that. Don't worry about it." I assured her although she didn't seem convinced.
"Let me take your picture." She interjected, changing the subject. Once taken, we switched roles once more so that Mira could try on the dress too.