Jelly Chances

"We used to come here a lot.. Hoseok and I." My ears perked up.
"I can imagine." The wind blow cold kisses along my face. "You two were together for a long time. Seven years to be exact, right?" She nodded before looking down as my jaw tightened at the wind.
"Yeah.."
"Well at least you have me now." She shrugged and scratched her head. "Hey! I'm a good companion!" She laughed at my disappointment. I then turned to her and took hold of one side of her face. My eyes locked on hers. "I promise you that you'll never have a bitter heart towards me, Leona. Never. I will always love you," I kissed her forehead before pulling her into a hug; allowing my head to rest on hers. "And I will never leave you."

Leona is my best friend.

I just want to see her happy.

~

•●○●•

KNOCK KNOCK
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
KNOCK

KNOCK KNOCK
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

KNOCK KNOCK KNO-

The door opened. There he was, like a lost puppy scratching his head in the doorway.. But my arms were crossed.

"Are you Hoseok Jung of Mira Soh-yun (soon-to-be) Oh with the title of 'best friends'?"
"Yes. And-?"
"Sehun." I lifted my eyebrow, signaling the door.

~

•Hoseok•

Once inside, everything was straight business with Sehun.

"Listen, Hoseok. My wife.. future wife.. can be quite a pain when it comes to plans." I nodded as I rolled my eyes, letting out some air.
"Yeah.."
"So I am here to straighten out a few things. First off, do you find my fianceé to be attractive?" My eyes bulged.
"No! I mean.. Well, she's not ugly but she is definitely not my type. Only Leona.." I tried not to sulk into my misery when thinking about her.

But everything seemed useless. I sighed. "What else did you want to confirm with me?"
"Do you wish to go through with this plan?" My eyebrows furrowed before parting my lips but I gave no answer. My saddened sigh was accompanied by a hand on my left shoulder.
"Do you think that this will work?" His silence forced me to look up at his face. Mine, practically pleading for some sort of comforting lie. Anything that would bring me into a more positive light. Although Sehun's face was still cold as stone, he gave me the most honest answer that I needed.

"No."

Just like that. My heart crumbled.

"But I have been wrong before.." I looked back up at him. "I never thought that such a crazy woman who constantly got on my nerves and messed up my orders of coffee all the time would ever become my fianceé." He began to think deeply. "That obnoxious woman that constantly made me late for work.. Eventually made me delay my works further.. and further.. Until we had our first date.. and second date. Then third and now.. Now she is the one piece of my heart that drives me into a pool of crazy love for her. I just had to realize something."

"What was that?" He looked me in my eyes.

"Hoseok. Life isn't about chance." I sighed and nodded. "No, listen to me." I looked back up at him. "Life isn't about chance because that's all life is. A chance. One single chance for everything. And if it comes back to you, it can only be one of two things." He gave me a stern look.

"Love.

Or poison."

I slowly found myself falling into a deep panic. "So.." he continued, snapping me out of my thoughts when he slapped his thighs. "Do you want to go on a new and bodacious ride to get her back?"

I've already asked him if he thinks it'll work and he said no, so..

"Here are the rules." He began. "When it comes to Mira, she's persistent. Annoyingly cute, but persistent. So you'll end up having to say yes anyway. Might as well say it now."

I nodded. "Alright."

"Rule number one. When it comes to Mira, I'm the only one who gets to touch her."
"No problem. She's not my type."
"Two. No kissing, no touching, no none of that stuff. Especially kissing and fornicating. Mira is mine and mine only." His eyes had fire in them. I knew that he was marking his territory.. But Mira's not an object..

"Got it."
"Rule number three. You may only decorate half the room. You get half of everything. Half of the guests, half the room, half the-."
"Alright."
"And you pay for everything."
"What?"
"Did you really think I'd pay for your wedding? No. This comes out of your pocket." I nodded in understanding.
"I will, however, pay for the rings and the place. They tend to be the most expensive. And since this was Mira's idea in the first place, you have some benefits." I nodded. "You will pay for your own cake. If she decides to stay quiet at the time of objection, deal with it. You will NOT kiss my wife. You understand me? Do that and there will be hell to pay."

I nodded. "Do I make myself clear?"
"Yes. Yes, thank you."
"Good. We will discuss any further things through my email. It is where I am present the most." I nodded. His eyes became flames of hatred once more as he came close to me with a finger pointed at my nose. "But if you break one of these rules; Any one of them, I will be wherever you are in the matter of time that it takes you to turn around." All I could do was nod. Did I really want to make this kind of deal with a jealous broad that knows that I'm not interested in Mira? I mean.. All I have to do is what I always do. And that will be good.

He began to better acquaint himself with the door when he paused. "And don't worry. I will be having a similar conversation with Mira too."

He shut the door. My skin chilled. He seems crazy and severely unstable.