Not Yet

•Jun•

Once Mira made the announcement about making an announcement (which I thought was weird), I followed the herd into the room where I spotted my brother orchestrating it all. Once everyone was in there, the speech began.

"Guys, this is very important. I want you all to be aware of what's going on here. But before that, is Leona in here?" I looked around me. I didn't see her. "Is Hoseok in here?"

I have to use the bathroom.. Crap!

"Good. Now that that's settled, I need to tell you all something important. Sehun." She held out her hand and there stood my brother along side of her.

"As you all know, Mira & I are getting married, as you have seen on your invitation card." The room chuckled as I made my way towards the door. "But there is a situation as to where.." that was all I heard before I left the room.

I have to go really bad. I don't even care right now. I'll just ask him later.

I quickly relieved myself of the impending demon trying to leave me and opened the door to return to the room. But it was then that I had seen them together.

"Leona, I-"

"Hoseok!" I approached where they stood. Putting my hand on Leona's shoulder, my demeanor became slightly threatening and serious. Not yet. I mouthed to him.

He seemed as if he wanted to protest but my eyes hardened. "Let's talk." I tilted my head over to the other side of the room. "Excuse us for a moment, Leona." My eyes softened to meet her gaze as I lightly touched the side of her face. "Stay here, okay?" She nodded away her gaze from me.

In the other room, Hoseok was fuming. But so was I. "What the hell are you doing?"
"I told you, Jun. I have to tell her the truth!"
"Why can't you just hold off for a little while longer?"

"Because it's eating her alive! She's dying inside! Can't you see it?" I paused; reflecting back on her stiff, sad eyes.
"How could I not?

I've seen her cry and she's never cried before over any guy..

Just you.."

▪Hoseok▪

Taken aback by his words, I felt even more horrible than before as the memories passed by my head of when she would accuse me of making her cry. Sometimes out of joy, never out of fear but mostly out of sadness..

"Jun-."

"No, stop it. Listen to me. Leona is very.. on edge right now and being here doesn't make anything any better. She's distraught and right now is not the right time because-." I furrowed my eyebrows.
"Because what?" After a moment of standing there, Jun confessed.
"Now is not the right time because Leona just said something to me that might.. would hurt you." My eyes hardened. "Leona is very precious to me and I love her, but I know my place in your world. And so, out of respect, no matter what, I will not step in on your girl."

I couldn't speak. Even as he brushed past me, I couldn't think of a word to say.

"I just hope that she is not over you. Then that would leave both of us in a dark place."

I turned to look at him as he walked out.

"Perhaps all three.." he mumbled.

"Jun!" I shouted after him. After a brief moment, I heard footsteps slowly trailing back. Not long after that, I saw the back of his head.

He was walking backwards..

"What should I do?" Without looking up at me, he answered.

"Take her out somewhere. Someplace special. Tell her that it's your treat and you want to catch up after so much lost time. Do this for a time. Just talk. And then, when the time is right and she is finding herself falling for you all over again, let me handle it. I'll take it from there."

"Does she love you?" I felt a sharp pain in my chest that caused me to grab it.

"Yes." I nodded as I looked away. "But not in the way that you think.." and walked away.

•Jun•

My feet shuffling down the hall as I made my way back to her. Pausing before I step inside the room, I began to think.

I told him
I loved her..

How crazy am I?

With a shake of my head, I took the first step into the room that held my Best friend. Sitting gracefully troubled in the velvety sofa. I extend my hand out to her.

"Are you ready to go, Princess?" Her troubled look going away from just a second at the thought of me calling her my princess. She opened her mouth to speak as she attempted to take my hand when the doors opened.
"Just one moment, servant. A Princess needs to associate with the Queen." I grinned as she stood to find this Queen.

•Leona•

After a brief moment of pushing my way through the people in the crowd, I found her.

"Hey Mira. So sorry I missed the announcement. What was it about?"

°○◇Mira◇○°

"Oh it was about a few raffles and contests I had going on for the wedding and I wanted it to go on in a uniform way. But don't worry, girl. I got you covered." I winked.

She sadly smiled.
"Oh and as for that little treat, I would really like it if you came with me to go dress shopping tomorrow."
"Dress shopping?"
"Yeah. I know. Last minute. But, I want to get ideas for what I like and then have a gown made."
"Do you have the money to do that?" Her eyes widened.
"Oh honey, of course!" I held my hands up to make her think that I was doing the dress myself.
"Good luck with that one."
"Thanks. And then once you come with me tomorrow, I'll let you know what the big surprise really is."