And A Hard Place

"What are you running from?"
"I'm running from a nightmare.."

~

·Jun·

I drove around the city for a while, taking in the scenery for, hopefully not, the last time before I leave. The date I told Leona I was leaving is one month after the wedding. Why wait that long to leave?

I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible before I go back. Eventually, I had decided to head to my brother's wedding venue and texted him to send me the address. Pretty soon, the phone lit up with the address. After punching it in, I cruised down the road until I got there. It was only five minutes away and I had a full twenty minutes before I had to be there.

Once there, I scratched my head.

Didn't I just drop Leona off here?

Dismissing the thought, I proceeded into the building. Everything was beautiful. The drapes, tables, ect. Everything. Lavish styles are very unlike my brother but also just like him at the same time.

Although he prefers nothing but the best, at times, it doesn't suit him. Just like the suit I bet he's wearing. Laughing to myself, I decided to go see about my brother in the groom's changing room.

"Knock knock." his eyes shifted in my direction through the mirror as he was fixing his tie.
"Pleasant surprise to see you here so early. I actually expected you to be late."
"And miss my brother walk down the aisle looking like a posh jackass? Wouldn't miss it for the world." I grinned. For once, his serious demeanor dropped as he shared a very slight smile. "What? No insults back?"
"Today is not a day worth spreading negativity. Within a few hours, I will be married to the most annoyingly beautiful woman in all of-."
"Wow, she's vexed you.. Where has she been all my life and why didn't she appear sooner?" his expression hardened.
"Not like that, Sehun. I've never even seen her. No need to be so possessive." He adjusted his attention back to adjusting his tie one last time. "Besides. I've got my own one in mind.." I smiled. "I might be next."

"Well, despite the fact that you are the only one left, what happened? I thought you said you weren't the settling type?" I shrugged.
"I met someone. I bet she's even prettier than your girl." I grinned, causing Sehun to roll his eyes.
"I'll judge that by the children. Whomever has the best looking kids will be judged as having the best wife."
"I don't need a contest to know she's gorgeous. She just is."
"Hm." He replied, fixing the positioning of the handkerchief in his suit pocket. "Jooheon, could you go get me a bottle of water? I'm a bit dehydrated from all the exertion of handling matters of the wedding without stumbling upon my wife." I blinked with annoyance. My face was the epitome of sarcasm.
"Yah.." I said, annoyed, turning my back. "I'll be right back with your water.."
"Much obliged."

I would've responded if the door hadn't already closed behind me. But hey, what can you do?

I began my walk down the corridor that lead to a room with refreshments. On my way back, I saw a door open a bit and then heard voices.

One of which sounded like Hoseok's. Rolling my eyes, I kept walking until my ears perked up when they heard Leona's voice. It sounded as though she were crying. I immediately barged in and got in between them, not caring of the circumstances. My blood boiled at the thought of him touching her.

"What are you doing to her?"
"What are you doing here?"
"Nevermind that. Why the fuck are you touching her?"
"Because I Love Her."
"Didn't she just tell you no? Why the hell are you still touching her if she said no?"

"She said no to my proposal, not-."
"Then leave her the fuck alone." My eyes glaring into his for a moment, screaming: The deal is off. Without another word, I took Leona out of that room and pulled her into another one where it was just us. Looking directly at her face, I could tell that she had been traumatized.

"What did he do to you? Did he hurt you?" She wouldn't answer me. "Leona, tell me if he hurt you again. I need to know." she shook her head. I sighed before pulling her close. "I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you. I promise I'll never leave you alone with him again."

When she had calmed down, I looked down at her. "I'm sorry I've been crying so much, Jun."
"No.. You can cry on me. That's what I'm here for." She wiped her eyes with a smile.

"Thanks Jun."
"Leona, can I tell you something?" She nodded. "I know that this bad timing, but I just wanted to get this off my chest before I go." My eyes focused in on hers. "I love you, okay? And not just in a friend-zone type of way. I want to be there to protect you and take care of you as a husband would so that I don't have to worry about anything harming you. I want to make sure that everything in your life brings you peace. And I'm not asking for anything right now. All I'm asking for is for you to listen, think about my words and go on about life as you would have it. Nothing else." I kissed her forehead. "Okay?"

~

"And who is torturing you?"
"Myself."