12. doritos

Stella's P.O.V

I wait for the crossing sign to light up as I tap my foot against the concrete ground. The breeze blows my hair in my face as I throw my hood over my head. As I'm waiting, I hear footsteps of someone coming next to me. I glance to the right to see a black hoodie. He plays with his drawstrings as I tilt my head to the side, to discover that it's Jordan.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer."

I roll my eyes at his comment. "What are you doing here?"

"Walking home. You?"

"Running away from this place." I say as I look back to school and then back at Jordan. His eyes glitter in the sun as he puts his hood down, his dark hair coming to his forehead. He runs his fingers through his dark locks as he gives me a smile.

"Care if I join you?"

"Sadly, I can't run away from this place. There's the education law to follow." I say as Jordan shrugs.

"Sad life?"

"Not really."

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" He asks as the crossing light turns on. I start to cross the street as Jordan follows me as well.

"I guess. Camping isn't my sort of thing though." I say as Jordan starts to push me in front. "Hey!" I cry out as his hands push me forward, not roughly but impatiently.

"You're very slow at walking." He says as I turn my head to narrow my eyes at him.

"I'm crossing the street."

"Yeah. Like a pedestrian who wants to get run over." He chuckles as I whack his arm.

"Aren't you supposed to be going home?" I ask, folding my arms over my chest. My hoodie sleeves are long so my hands are hidden.

Jordan looks over at my arms and chuckles softly. "I can't even see your hands."

"Does that matter?"

"I've never realized how cute short girls are. I mean, look at this." He says as he teasingly puts his hand on top of his head to measure his height and then puts his hand on top of my head to compare. He starts to laugh as I glare at him.

"I'm sorry I didn't drink milk when I was small." I grumble as I hear him giggle again.

"Was that a pun?" He smirks at me as I realize what I said. I groan as I cover my face with my sleeve and Jordan simply laughs at that.

He makes it so easy to make me feel flustered. Is that even supposed to happen?

"What did you and Jennie talk about?" I ask curiously. I wonder how her encounter with Jordan went. She was gushing about him earlier and I wonder if she even managed to say a simple greeting to him.

"Stuff."

"What stuff?"

"Curiosity killed the cat." Jordan says with a hint of a smirk on his face as I stare at him confused.

"She's my best friend!"

"Then ask her."

"But I'm asking you."

"And I'm telling you to ask Jennie." Jordan says, a smirk on his face.

"Okay fine. Don't tell me. You probably talked about how good you are at lacrosse." I scoff as Jordan pats my head as we walk.

I glare at his hand on my head but he doesn't seem to care. "Jordan."

"Hmm?"

"Hand?"