27. we're here for each other

Stuart's P.O.V

Well, she sure made a scene. Lori sits down across from me and studies me with her vibrant green eyes. It makes me feel uneasy after a while. I know she's just a nurse who takes care of injuries, but I feel like she's going to ask something unrelated to my injury.

"May I ask; do you know her?"

"Know who?"

"The girl that just left," Lori says as she motions towards the closed door.

I swallow the lump in my throat as I nod my head. "Yes."

"Is she the girl you had the fight with? The one about the hiking hill?" Lori asks with a faint smile on her lips.

How the hell did she know all this? 

Stella.

"Yeah."

"Oh, then what a coincidence. She's not talking to you, by the way," Lori says.

"Yeah, I know that. But why did she come here? She wasn't even hurt." 

"What do you think? Physically or emotionally?" Lori asks, a small smile on her lips.

I think for a moment, remembering the hurt look in her eyes when we fought. I didn't mean to make her feel that way. It was just in the heat of the moment. I mean, come on I fell down a hiking trail.

I could've been seriously hurt.

"She hates me doesn't she?"

"Why is there a hate relationship between you two?"

"I don't know. It's just been like that since the first day I laid eyes on her in that disgusting detention room."

"That's the same thing she said. Detention is a place I never thought you could make friends in," she chuckles lightly

"Who? Stella? She talks about me to you?"

Lori nods, "She doesn't have a problem telling me her problems, and they're mostly about you and that girl she had a fight with once."

"I guess you're talking about Luna and me. We're right on top of the list," I mutter.

"How about you go talk to her," Lori says, making me look up at her with a confused look.

"Like right now?"

"Unless you don't want to talk to her for the rest of your life, think about it. If she wasn't there, how would your like have been?" Lori asks. She's more like a guidance counselor than a camp nurse.

I guess she's better than Shauna.

"Not so crazy."

"And?"

"And.... adventurous." I mumble as I look down at my shoes.

I wasn't lying when I said that. Stella is different from other girls I've seen. She's the type of girl that stands up for what is right. She's just annoyingly enjoyable.

She smiles at me as if she's proud of my response, "I had a feeling you were going to say something like that."

"Like what?"

She laughs softly,"You two are an interesting duo. She claims to not like you but her actions seem to be the opposite. You on the other hand, seem too scared to actually express yourself."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

I don't understand what point Lori is trying to get through me. I wasn't scared of Stella at all. I think I'm pretty expressive.