17. the forest

Stuart's P.O.V

As the rest of them, for some reason, follow me into the depths of the woods, I fall to the ground on my knees, panting for breath. I haven't scurried away from a place so quickly before, or well the last time I did was when I was running away from the coach who was about to whack me with his clipboard.

That's better than having Thalia on my heels.

"Is she gone?" I ask, letting out another deep heave as I look around for any signs of Thalia. You never know when she could magically pop out from behind the trees and proceed to petting my arm like I'm some kind of cat.

"I think so," Jordan says as he helps me to my feet, "She sure does admire you, huh?"

"Gus, did you record the whole thing?" Stella asks and Gus nods.

Oh great. Now Stella is going to giggle everytime she's going to see the video. It's not everyday you see me running wildly from Thalia.

"Yes of course I did. I love watching them all over again," he replies as Stella smiles at him broadly.

"So... running Stuart is there?" She asks with an anticipated look and Gus nods again. All she does is grin and give Gus a pat on the back.

"I'm proud of you Gus."

Jordan watches Stella checking through Gus's camera with a smile on her face. I see him smile at her giggly state, his eyes mesmerized. I didn't know what's so special happening that Jordan's captivated. 

It feels strange.

After a moment, he turns to look at me,"So... I'm guessing that we're supposed to be here? Looks pretty far from camp."

"Wait.... Where are we?" Stella asks after she finishes watching the video. I guess she finally realized where we were as her eyes look around the surroundings.

"All I see are trees," Milo says.

"I don't see anyone," Jennie adds, stepping closer to Jordan who pats her shoulder.

"I don't hear anyone," Stella says. "Guys! We're lost!"

"Dude, are we stuck in the middle of a forest?" Jordan asks as everyone stares at him with wide eyes. Milo looks like he just saw a cockroach as he cowers behind Gus.

"I don't know..." I say slowly as I try to see any signs of a flashlight but sadly, there was none.

"Great. Beautiful job, Stewie," Stella mutters as she shoots me a look.

"Hey, I was running in self defense. I never told you guys to follow me." I retort, raising my hands in surrender as Stella continues to shoot daggers at me, while the others try to find a path to follow. Milo wasn't doing much to help out as he seemed to be frozen in fear.

"We're so dead." Jennie cries as she begins to chew on her nails.

"We are definitely dead! We're in a middle of a forest! This is how every horror story comes to form. Stupid people like Stewie decide to run into deep, dark, forests and now look! We're lost. No one knows we're here." Stella declares as she puts her hands on her hips.

"I may never have a chance to ask Jessica out!" Milo says, nervously rubbing his hands together. He still hasn't moved from his spot.

"That's what you care about?" Gus cries, giving Milo a horrid look. "We might get kidnapped!"

"Well..."

"We don't even have flashlights with us." Jordan says. "We just failed the basics of camping."